Usually when I have problems with a project it is the mistake is somewhere in the knitting. This one has been different to say the least. I have been working on Pullover Flair from IK Spring 2006. First I substituted a different yarn. The yarn came in hanks instead of pull skeins, so I had to rewind it. This is really the first time I've had to do this. The first skein I placed on the back of a chair and attached it to a ballwinder my aunt had given me. Needless to say that didn't go well. The next time I placed the yarn on a lamp shade, losened the little thingy and all went smoothly. The next 2 skeins the yarn slipped of the lampshade and tied itsself in large knots. After that I used my knees for the swift and wound the yarn by hand.
And remember that yarn substitution I mentioned - well I calculated the number of hanks needed in my head. Big mistake when I noticed I was running short I got out the calculator and found I was off by at least 100 yards. Luckily, I was able to order more in the same dye lot no less.
Glad you got to order more. I was using some yarn that came in a pull skein and instead of a nice string a whole glob came out of the middle and I had to spend over an hour untangling and rewinding. What a pain!
Hopefully this will be your biggest challenge and all else will go well from here!
I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.