Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Never Again!
 Moda Dea Vixen!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KristiMetz
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  9:14:02 PM  Show Profile Send KristiMetz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This yarn is really cute... I picked it up on clearance at Michael's (they have most of their Moda Dea and novelty stuff on sale right now).

Here's a link to the yarn :
http://www.modadea.com/vixen.htm

I guess it was a knitting newbie mistake - I should have known by the microfiber "furriness" of it that it would be terrible to knit with!

Maybe a more experienced knitter could use it, but I can't see any of my darn stitches... the test swatch I knitted ended up with a big hole in it, not that I can figure out why because I can't really see the stitches!

It is really hard to knit with and splits and such SOOOO easily.

If you're daring it's a super cute yarn (and the free poncho pattern on their site is really cute) but I don't think I'll be able to use it for anything!

Anyone else had experiences with this yarn? I'm knitting a hat with Moda Dea's Aerie and while it is still fuzzy and the stitches aren't as clear as with wool, it is tolerable and the yarn is easy enough to knit with.

midnightskyfibers
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  02:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit midnightskyfibers's Homepage Send midnightskyfibers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ive knti a couple quick scarves with the yarn for my mom, I just used needles that weren't too pointy and didnt worry about some splitting, the trick is not dropping the stitches and couting periodically to make sure you still have the number you cast on with.

http://www.midnightskyfibers.com handspun and handpainted yarns, fibers, and kits. Vegetarian and environmentally friendly!

http://www.livehournal.com/~mnsfibers
blog
Go to Top of Page

Diva Ree
Gabber Extraordinaire

537 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  07:56:42 AM  Show Profile Send Diva Ree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been buying up lots of sale Moda Dea for our scarves, and didn't have any trouble with Vixen.
Go to Top of Page

Yakamashi
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  11:44:01 PM  Show Profile Send Yakamashi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also bought two skeins of Vixen yarn at the Michael's sale to knit a scarf and yikes! The last skein I used was alot furrier than the first one. It's really noticeable. I'm debating whether or not to give the furry side a haircut to make it more even-looking.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe