Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Help! LK150 knitters?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyrano Posted - 01/20/2010 : 8:10:12 PM
I'm a very new knitter and I have a big problem. I have an LK150 that I bought second hand from a lady who had only taken it out to the box once. I've been taking classes and was so excited at all the things I could make. Then suddenly my carriage began to stick at L16 every time I went left to right. When I looked under the front of the carriage, I could see that the L16 needle was pressed against the carriage and where the carriage normally pushes it forward, it seemed stuck. I could push it forward with my tranfer tool and then the carriage would move. I changed the needle and the carriage moved freely left to right for several rows, then began to stick again. By experimenting, I found that any time I changed the needle or even took it out and put it back in, the machine would work fine for anywhere from 10 to 50 or 60 rows, but it always began to stick again. I also found that if I moved the L16 needle to the "C" position before starting the left to right row, the carriage would not stick. Taking the cap off the needle also works. The sticking happens no matter what table I am working on, and I tried adding a third clamp in the middle of the bed for more stability but it did not help. I asked my instructor about this. She examined the machine and found nothing wrong with the machine, carriage or needles. She advised me to change the sponge bar and told me to take the needles out and soak them in alcohol overnight, which I did. (I have since noticed the LK150 manual says not to use alcohol.) Changing the sponge bar and cleaning the needles did not help. The needle was still sticking, and then tonight some of the other needles started to stick: R20, L1 and L26. Oddly enough, every one of them is the needle immediately to the left of one of those markers that are in place every fifth row. It is getting to the point where using the machine is not fun anymore and I am at my wits' end to know what to do. Have any of you who are using this machine encountered this problem? If so, how can I solve it?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ValerieG Posted - 01/21/2010 : 1:35:03 PM
Youíll probably find more people that can help you at the yahoo knitting machine group. (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Knittingmachines/)
I know nothing about th LK 150 except everybody who has one loves it. MaryAnne Onger of KnitWords magazine uses it a lot.

No do not use rubbing alcohol. Use denatured alcohol (hardware or paint store) I should THINK that it needs oiling but donít do that till youíve talked to someone who has one.
Best of luck, let us know how you make out.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe