Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 How's your summer knitting going?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 06/13/2012 : 1:59:54 PM
Howdy everybody!

Seeing as it's already almost the MIDDLE OF JUNE (gasp), I thought I'd check in and see how your summer knitting is going. What are you making?

I succumbed to Color Affection/Affliction/Addiction after making a pact with some friends at Maryland Sheep and Wool (they know who they are - I expect a report). Progress isn't as fast as I'd like (life keeps intruding) but it's a thoroughly pleasant knit. Not much thinking required.

What about you? What's on the needles?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lynne604 Posted - 10/16/2012 : 12:09:22 AM
I didn't knit much over the summer -- just too hot. Now that cooler weather has arrived, I'm back on track.
Daylily Posted - 10/05/2012 : 7:49:59 PM
This what is on my needles: A smoke ring using Knit Picks Gloss Lace in the mermaid color using the feather and fan pattern stitch. It is slow going. I have about 6 1/2 -7 inches done so far.

Daylily, another one tomorrow
Daylily Posted - 09/21/2012 : 9:33:09 PM
I am working on a cowl for my daughter-in-law using some Knit Picks Gloss Lace in the color Mermaid. I using the feather and fan stitch on size 4 needles.

Daylily, another one tomorrow
Consuelo Posted - 08/23/2012 : 01:40:55 AM
this summer I have made the following:

One pair of worsted weight socks
A single, very large sock to use as a prop in a class
5 Blue Footed Boobies for a charity auction http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/feathers-3
One felted bag also for a charity auction http://www.ravelry.com/projects/consuelo/windmill-bag
Part of a double knitted bag. No pics yet but I'm half way through. I'm designing a pattern for a class next winter
started a blanket for our bed (only about 6" done but it's 300 sts wide!!)
A tiny scarf and hat for a toy bunny for granddaughter
One pair of felted clogs for grandson who loves them but is growing like a weed (10 yrs old, wears women's size 10)
One shrug for another grandaughter
I think that's it

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!
Vicky10 Posted - 08/17/2012 : 09:03:46 AM
I am thinking about simple weekend crochet - cap for baby girl. Dont know what to expect :P, but at least I have a vision http://www.kcsjewelry.org/store/products/315/
Patience Posted - 08/14/2012 : 8:12:31 PM
I've been having a bit of a slump with my knitting and crocheting this summer. I've worked on a couple of things such as a crocheted ripple baby blanket and a pair of socks but I began 2 other projects that I've left 'calling my name' all alone in their little baskets....how sad is that? Anyhow, I just can't get back into it and I don't know why....hopefully that will change with the arrival of a very welcome cooler autumn.

Cheers, Patience

Faith, Hope, Charity & Yarn Snippets

Consuelo Posted - 08/04/2012 : 9:44:06 PM
I've been knitting for fund raisers. One was for a sea bird re-hab facility. Their theme this year was a bird by the name of Blue Footed Booby - I swear, that's it's real name! I actually found a pattern on Ravelry and knitted up five of them, they brought $25 each for the benefit. See it here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/feathers-3

Then I knitted a bag for our village's auction in support of our ambulance service. It brought $65 - I was pleased. See pic here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/consuelo/windmill-bag

Also, I've started a Stitch and beach group at my house on tuesday nights. It's a small group of 5 with attendance always contingent on not having company or a golf game or a sail. It's a bit touch and go but it gets me to clean the house :-D

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!
kkknitter Posted - 07/27/2012 : 5:14:44 PM
Seven months and 12 pairs of socks later! Back in January I dragged out all my bags with only one sock in them and started knitting the second sock. I now only have a handful of unfinished pairs left. Also, I'm one third through a shawl called Semele ( designed by Asa Tricosa ). It is a very nice pattern once you have figured out the beginning and well worth knitting.

Kristina
ikkivan Posted - 07/27/2012 : 07:51:02 AM
I've taken a break from the charity baby hats to work on a few things for our county fair, which still has few categories for knitted items. I'm more than halfway done with a bread-basket liner of Euroflax linen and am determined to enter it (or at least make a fuss) in the Household Linens category, which I know is meant for sewn fabric items. How could this NOT qualify as a "household linen?"

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
dschmidt Posted - 07/27/2012 : 05:01:36 AM
I finished my Samus that was an UFO for a long time and am getting ready to cast on my Euroflax during the opening ceremonies tonight.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Gibson Girl Posted - 07/19/2012 : 09:56:39 AM
I now have the project from hell. Years ago I knit a beautiful sweater that has lots of beads. Love the sweater but it is too large (yes, the gauge was correct) This was before I figured out how to use the little flossing gizmo for threading beads so I sewed them on with silk thread. Now I've decided to unravel the thing and reknit in a smaller size. The problem is removing all those little beads so I CAN unravel. An idiot job for a TV night. Half way through the project I regret not giving it to a larger friend.
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 07/14/2012 : 5:27:16 PM
Also, working on a baby hat & bootie set. Some touch up work to be done on the hat, but just started on the booties. Real cute!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
ikkivan Posted - 07/14/2012 : 3:16:55 PM
Jan, this may be a bit off the main topic, but may I ask about your dishcloths ... size and yarn (as in, how many cloths from one ball of which yarn?), patterns (plain, textured, embossed with design) and price? I know dishcloths are very popular and there are some women in my area (SW Oklahoma) who are discussing a very similar possibility, but no one knows how to charge for a dishcloth when the yarn costs as much as a bundle of the things at the dollar store.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
hillstreetmama Posted - 07/14/2012 : 2:45:09 PM
This year, I've set up a booth at the local farmer's market, and sell kids' hats, dishcloths, little toys that DD2 knits, and homemade bread. I can keep up with the hats (and the bread!), but sold 13 dishcloths today, and cannot replace them in one week, even with DD2 helping me knit.

Jan
Marylou12 Posted - 07/13/2012 : 04:30:38 AM
I'm working on a sweater, a triangular scarf, a cabled cowl, a shawl and a lacy scarf. I usually have about 7-8 WIP's on needles, but now I'm running a little short....

Live, Laugh, Love
Chayah Posted - 07/12/2012 : 5:50:40 PM
Greetings, it is nice to be back here. I have some hats to mail for Afghans4Afghans as well, and seem to have gotten stuck on amigurumi animals lately.Happy knitting and crocheting to everyone, Chayah in NY.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
eldergirl Posted - 07/11/2012 : 8:05:07 PM
It's July 11, and my son and our grandkids (from France) have just left. :-(
We had such a wonderful time!
Anyway, I have gotten absolutely no knitting done. Nada. Zero. for the entire late spring early summer!
But getting ready here at home for my grandchildren's first visit , was worth it!

So, I'm just sayin', no knitting done here! but now I have to start on the little boys' winter scarves and hats. They chose their yarns, so Go Anna!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
ikkivan Posted - 07/11/2012 : 7:09:43 PM
I've just taken a break from a baby blanket/throw that was becoming awfully warm in my lap to make a few (I'm on the third this week) newborn baby hats. A friend at church handed me a flyer about a call for purple baby hats (Period of Purple Crying) for a project connected with shaken baby syndrome/education for preventing infant abuse and said, "You're the only knitter I know, so I thought I'd pass this on to you." Now another friend who crochets is joining me, and we hope to send off a box full by the deadline in the fall.

Baby hats are fun and cute and fast and don't take much yarn, so this is an enjoyable unexpected diversion.

Ceil Posted - 07/11/2012 : 4:37:26 PM
Here it is the middle of July, and I've been on the road for a full month with NO knitting done! However, I just finished up recording, editing and mixing a new diatonic autoharp CD in Pennsylvania, so I do have something to say for the time gone by.

Hope everyone is having a good summer!

From Basking Ridge, NJ,

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Gibson Girl Posted - 07/06/2012 : 3:59:43 PM
Just finishing a short cardigan in Blue Sky Alpaca that has a beaded design on the back and the lower sleeves. I was finally clued in by a generous knitter about using the little teeth flossing gizzmo for threading the beads - wow what a breeze!Size 2 needles so I hop to have it finished when the weather cools. It's a lovely shade of grayish violet with beads just a bit darker.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe