Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Guild and Group Info
 Hilarious night

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grand-moogi Posted - 08/16/2012 : 03:41:40 AM
At knitting group the other night DD said "I don't want to get a cup of tea as I do not like the brand they sell here"
Someone suggested we get hot water from the tea and coffee dispenser and use our own tea bags. I pulled out a plastic bag with a half dozen tea bags in it. I said "But what about the milk?" so she went to the bistro and asked for a small jug of milk which they gave her no charge.
She then asked the barman if he had any mugs we could borrow. He gave us a stack of club mugs and said we could keep them. She went to the Tea and coffee dispenser to get hot water but it ate her dollar. She went to the barman for help and he directed her to a hot water urn and said "Get as much as you like and if anyone asks, say Michael said it is OK"
Then Maxine pulled out sugar sachets, Aileen pulled out another bag full of tea bags, Diane produced coffee sachets and also offered salt, pepper and tomatoe sauce and I found a sachet of tartare sauce!
Well we all had very nice mugs of tea and coffee and it cost us no more than the lost dollar.
We giggled at the amazing array of stuff we had in our hand bags and knitting bags. We have decided that we have to wash our mugs and put them back in our knitting bags each week.

I knit a hug into every stitch
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jtamsn Posted - 08/16/2012 : 5:54:31 PM
I have Crystal Light packets,some arizona ice tea packets and some herbal tea bags!
judy
jaymeKnits Posted - 08/16/2012 : 3:53:39 PM
I could have provided the milk (ultra pasteurized = no refrigeration needed). And a juice box, Starbucks via coffee, organic earl grey, fruit snacks, a granola bar, and wet wipes to clean up afterward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jayme-stahl
Jane Posted - 08/16/2012 : 11:59:44 AM
I have an old granola bar in my purse that I could share!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
robinstephanie Posted - 08/16/2012 : 08:37:00 AM
Grand-Moogi that's hysterical. You knitters have clearly generated good will (as knitters tend to do) as evidenced by the contributions from Michael, Bistro, etc. You all must have been laughing harder and harder each time someone pulled out something new. I checked; all I could have offered would be a packet of dried red peppers. Not so nice in tea!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
donnawatk Posted - 08/16/2012 : 04:12:19 AM
Grand-moogi, Thats funny, My mom has every thing in her purse. We used to laugh at her as kids. We would be out and somebody would say let go and get a cold drink and my mom would come out of her bag with a cold one. I have at any time tea and equal in my bag and my starbucks cup. Donna

PS Somebody had a sandwich but was shame to pull it out.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe