Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 A Golden Wedding Anniversary!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eldergirl Posted - 08/18/2012 : 8:17:04 PM
Yup, Today (it is still today, August 18) is our fiftieth wedding anniversary! Our son came over from France to be with us, and we went out to our favorite restaurant, and I ate some Ben and Jerry's Phish Food for dessert, from the carton! (this is, for me, the ultimate way to enjoy ice cream: from the pint carton.)

Alright, important details covered, I wore a skirt for the first time in years, and sadly, fell out of the car after we had pulled into our parking place in our alley. My two menfolk had gotten into the house before I had emerged, and I lay under the open door of the car warbling "help" in a weak little voice.

I had landed in such a way to re-injure my left shoulder rotator cuff muscles: this is the third time I have done this in the last three years. Bummer.

Fortunately, two neighbors were passing walking the cute little corgi, and they helped me get up. I had bonked my head as well, so it took a minute.

However, once inside, we applied bags of frozen cranberries on the muscles, and hopefully they will heal and I won't have to go to the emergency room tomorrow.

Why does s--t happen on weekends!!??

But we had a lovely day, and I am happy to be married to my sweetie for fifty years!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rwats2 Posted - 09/30/2012 : 11:36:14 AM
Hi Ms. Anna,
Happy very belatted Anniversay to you both. Hoping the all of the injuries are all healed and you are back to normal routine again.

Rebecca + Amelia
Grand-moogi Posted - 08/22/2012 : 10:43:55 PM
Oy what kind of men are they? I hope they were totally mortified to find what had happened. They should have been there holding the door for you etc.
Congratulations on the 50 years. We are coming up for 44 in January. I hope those two menfolk give you lots and lots of TLC so your aching bits can recover.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Ceil Posted - 08/22/2012 : 3:06:10 PM
Happy Anniversary, and I hope your shoulder is okay!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
eldergirl Posted - 08/20/2012 : 9:19:08 PM
Thanks for your good wishes, everyone!

Important details: cranberries were used because there were no bags of vegetables in the freezer (shopping trip was needed). But I only put the icy stuff on for 15 minutes, and they didn't unfreeze much, so they were not sacrificed, Flicka will be glad to know!

The skirt did have a good deal to do with it.

But (ahem) so did an extra glass of wine. The restaurant uses big glasses, I usually have only one, but our son was driving, so I had two. Baaaaad. I just can't hold my liquor!

Being deserted by my two menfolk played its part, as well: no one there to help me! I was in the back seat of a two-door Honda, and I have had difficulty getting out several times.
My hands are not strong, and are painful. My shoulders are torn up from previous falls, and there was nothing to hold on to. Besides, I had the two doggy bags which neither of the men figured was worth helping with, and my skirt was long (it was new, I am short: thus an as yet unshortened skirt.)

Can you begin to get the picture? I had a brief thought that I should leave the doggie bags for a minute and concentrate on my skirt and my balance, but then I thought " Naaah. I'm immortal." That's where the extra glass of wine came in.

So, there we have it!

But although the arm muscles still hurt, ibuprofen helps, and I make sure to take it with Phish food. My head bump is calming down, and now my right knee has decided that it wants some TLC, but altogether all my bits are fine, and thank you for asking!

Your "immortal" KR friend, Anna

Life is beautiful.
robinstephanie Posted - 08/20/2012 : 06:46:23 AM
Happy Anniversary, Anna! Fifty years--that's wonderful! I hope you're not too sore today.

quote:
"Use the peas! Use the peas!"

I'm with you, Flicka!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
flicka Posted - 08/19/2012 : 8:52:47 PM
I join in the congratulations. I remember reading your posts about the various places you have lived, so I know you have seen a lot of this country (and the world) together. What nice memories you must have!

Ouch! on the fall! Did wearing the skirt have something to do with it? Please keep us posted on what the medical people say. Can you knit with a damaged rotator cuff?

Haha, if anyone used my treasured frozen cranberries to chill any muscles, I would yell at them. "Use the peas! Use the peas!" I'm sure the sacrifice of cranberries was worth it, though.

flicka
jaymeKnits Posted - 08/19/2012 : 3:36:58 PM
Chocolate ice cream with caramel and marshmallow swirls and fudge fish shaped chunks...ultimate sinful treat, hubby brings it to me if I have a really bad day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jayme-stahl
jtamsn Posted - 08/19/2012 : 11:11:54 AM
Happy Anniversary!! Phish Food......Yum!!!!! Hope the muscles arent too sore today. (phish food is vanilla ice cream with chocolate fish, cant remember any other additions....named after the former rock group Phish which was also from Vermont..home of Ben and Jerrys).
judy
jaymeKnits Posted - 08/19/2012 : 04:52:44 AM
Happy anniversary! Phish food is one of my favorite icecream flavors, all the best in one pint. I hope you are feeling better soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jayme-stahl
Milinda Posted - 08/18/2012 : 10:52:57 PM
A very happy anniversary wish to you! That is so exciting. We just celebrated our 29th and it seems like yesterday that we went on our first date.

I am however very sorry you took a tumble. Take care, okay?

And, what is the flavor of this ice cream? I am intrigued.

M L
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 08/18/2012 : 10:15:42 PM
Congrats to u & your hubby, eldergirl!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Patshere Posted - 08/18/2012 : 8:50:39 PM
Happy Anniversary, Anna, 50 years is quite an accomplishment!

Hope our cranberry therapy is effective :)

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe