Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 re: Which book

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynnIL Posted - 08/20/2012 : 4:24:14 PM
Not sure where to post. I want to buy the book Principles of Knitting, but wonder which edition to buy. Thanks, Lynn
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kade1301 Posted - 10/28/2012 : 07:08:17 AM
Principles of Knitting in a backpack??? Unless you are trying to build up your weight-carrying capacity, I wouldn't. I'm almost regretting not having bought a Kindle and the e-book (though I don't like non-fiction in electronic format). I think the publisher could have turned it into a whole series of books - each one in a manageable format (and maybe with a nice case around them all, as for some encyclopaedias).

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Margie Posted - 10/16/2012 : 6:54:22 PM
I have the first POK, have seen the second at my library and not too taken by it. As Marjotse said, I, too, like Montse Stanley's Knitter's Handbook or Vogue. Also use Elizabeth Zimmerman (EZ) a lot.

Maybe I'll have to check out the newer edition -- problem is it's big and heavy and it'll be in my backpack.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

hillstreetmama Posted - 08/21/2012 : 6:43:08 PM
The BIG thing is a problem for me. I have arthritis in my hands - not bad, but enough to not want to hold a heavy book. I have to sit at a table or desk to read the book. It is very thorough, and a good reference to have on hand.

Then again, I find the internet to be the absolute BEST reference available. I use it more than any book in my knitting library.

Jan
Jane Posted - 08/21/2012 : 03:54:07 AM
I'm so glad that I bought the new edition of Principles of Knitting. It causes a problem, though: every time I look something up, I seem to get sidetracked by some fascinating bit of information or a technique! And as Marjolein said, it's biiiig.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
marjotse Posted - 08/20/2012 : 11:58:10 PM
There is the new edition out which has been updated and added upon, so if you want the Principles of Knitting I would go for the newest edition. I am happy to have it, but it is big and sometimes unwieldy. I like it for the thoroughness and it's compleness but in a way I find Montse Stanley's Knitter's Handbook or Vogue Knitting, easier books to find things in.

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Patience Posted - 08/20/2012 : 6:39:01 PM
I was just looking at the book on Amazon yesterday, so I'd be interested to hear the answers to your question. I think it's been reprinted recently but just one time I think.

Cheers,Laura

Cheers, Patience

Faith, Hope, Charity & Yarn Snippets

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe