Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 But how do you say "Kaffe Fassett"?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
churchlady Posted - 08/23/2012 : 06:17:29 AM
I think a nice option might have been for people to say whether they had seen one of his books, patterns, or a reference to Kaffe Fassett, but had no idea how to pronounce his name. I know I certainly didn't until very recently until I saw a quote from him (in Vogue Knitting, I think), where he said it rhymed with "safe asset", as in a good bank.

Live, Laugh, Love, Learn
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillstreetmama Posted - 08/27/2012 : 4:03:37 PM
I once googled "how to pronounce Kaffe Fassett", and it led me to a thread here. I've been here ever since.

And yes, I heard the same "safe asset" rhyme. I heard him speak when he came to a quilting event. He also showed some knitting, and told a lot of stories. I loved when he told about the lady in a bookstore looking for "that new book by Gloria Snitts". (Okay, for those not in the know, the book was "Glorious Knits".) His stuff is WAY cool - knitting and quilting - but a little out of my league, knitwise. I'd love to see the inside of his house - I'll bet it's quite colorful.

Jan
marfa Posted - 08/24/2012 : 12:44:46 PM
How do.

Many many years ago I took a class w/Liza Prior Lucy who co-wrote his 1st quilt book, GLORIOUS PATCHWORK. Her name, when you see the cover, is in a seriously small font. She taught us that it does rhyme w/ safe. I made a double bed size quilt from one of the patterns in it for a young neighbor friend who is now in high school out in Washington state.

Kaffe's sense of color is indeed glorious, no matter what the medium might be!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
yarnlover Posted - 08/24/2012 : 07:29:41 AM
And of course, that isn't his real name. I read what it was somewhere, but can't remember it.

I took a class a few years ago with Brandon Mabley, his associate, and Kaffe sat in doing needlepoint during the breaks in between his classes. He was very nice, friendly to everyone, but what I really liked was that he let Brandon have the floor - this was a class on color, Kaffe's world - and he didn't horn it. If Brandon asked his opinion, he gave it, but very short - this was definitely Brandon's classroom and Kaffe didn't interfere.

See My Stuff: Here

eldergirl Posted - 08/23/2012 : 8:09:56 PM
I too spent years mis-pronouncing "Kaffe" and said it "Taffy" like purlgin.
And like churchlady, I discovered it in the same way.

Who knew?

Anna

Life is beautiful.
purlgin Posted - 08/23/2012 : 1:22:59 PM
I thought it rhymed with "taffy."
Chayah Posted - 08/23/2012 : 06:41:32 AM
Thanks, I always thought Kaffe rhymed with 'half'. :))Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe