Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Knitting is great therapy!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lynne604 Posted - 10/05/2012 : 09:44:07 AM
I learned to knit after being downsized from a long-time job. I had thought of signing up for lessons at the LYS (local yarn shop) but there was never enough time. The weekly class gave me something to look forward to.

It was great to be in a group where no one knew me. I was so tired of talking about what had happened. A wonderful new world opened to me. Whenever I couldn't sleep or found myself angry and hurting, I got out my knitting.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
donnawatk Posted - 10/08/2012 : 04:50:03 AM
I can tell you how knitting has help me lower my blood pressure. Two years ago I fracture a hip still don't know how. The pain from that as worst than child birth. They couldn't find pain medicine that I didn't break out from. Then there was a transplant. I had so many hats and cowls made. I see my sisters wearing what I knitted and laugh to myself. I call it my pain wear. Donna
Grand-moogi Posted - 10/07/2012 : 06:40:49 AM
I have had a real run of bad luck recently healthwise. This last bout was a flare up of arthritis in my back. Doc says my lower back is basically crushed and riddled with arthritis. Pain was so bad I was crying out and groaning hideously.
DD carted me off to hospital where I found a chair I could sit in. Could not lie flat on the bed. I sat there all night with my knitting. I tried desperately to knit. It helped me to deal with the pain. Then I would doze of for a few minutes, bolt upright in the chair, mid stitch. I would wake up and keep knitting. I made so many mistakes. I was shaking madly in trying to cope with the pain despite lots of pain killers. But I kept going. I corrected the mistakes and stubbornly kept on with it. That dishcloth got me through a very dark night.

I knit a hug into every stitch
jtamsn Posted - 10/05/2012 : 5:30:13 PM
I think alot of us turn to knitting to soothe the soul. I know that for me, not only do I feel a sense of accomplishment each time I finish a project, but it centers me after a busy day at work.
judy

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe