Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi from Sierra Nevada foothills

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sewcrazytamra Posted - 03/17/2013 : 3:33:41 PM
Hi all,
My name is Tamra and I live in beautiful Northern California in Gold Rush country. I'm retired, worked as a nurse 22 years and worked at a sewing machine store 14 years. One of my nursing school classmates taught me to knit in about 1970. In addition to knitting I sew and quilt. I'm mom to 2 married adult children and grandma to 5.

Tamra
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 03/28/2013 : 08:37:06 AM
Yes, Tamra, I've been through Placerville. It's gorgeous!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Grand-moogi Posted - 03/25/2013 : 6:16:03 PM
Hi Tamra and welcome to these forums from Australia. I also sew and do machine embroidery. I have just finished embroidering some hangings for our church to use over the Easter ceremonies. Then I need to get back to knitting.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Ceil Posted - 03/22/2013 : 10:44:39 PM
Hi Tamra, looks like I'm your vintage! This is a great place to share and receive information. I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us do!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Sewcrazytamra Posted - 03/20/2013 : 8:57:18 PM
I was born in San Francisco 1949, which makes me a genuine San Francisco 49er. My parents moved to Placerville when I was 7 yo and they have never left. I moved here from Utah where I lived 19 years. My 2 kids and their families live there so I visit frequently. I love to knit socks and always have a pair on my needles. Lately I decided we all need knitted dish cloths so I'm working on my 8th one.
Placerville is right in the heart of gold rush country. It's just a few miles from Coloma and Sutter's Mill where gold was discovered. It is beautiful and quite peaceful. We live in the country just South of town. We regularly receive visits from skunks, raccoons, wild turkeys, foxes, etc. Lots of birds,too.

Tamra
donnawatk Posted - 03/20/2013 : 05:16:17 AM
Hi Tamra. Welcome from Chicago. My Mom & Dad gave me a sewing machine when I was 14 years old. I made everthing, then my love for sewing went away when I found myself replacng the cleaners. I bet every body that live around us would bring what they had for me to mend. Then a friend Aunt taught me to knit. I would sit on the front porch all day with her and knit. Donna
eldergirl Posted - 03/19/2013 : 9:49:20 PM
Hi Tamra, and welcome to the KR Forums! I live in Baltimore on the other side of the country.

I hope you love it here as we do, and tell us what you are knitting now!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
robinstephanie Posted - 03/18/2013 : 06:48:14 AM
Welcome, Tamra, from San Francisco, from one who knows Northern California Gold Rush country. It is the country of my heart, some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Whereabouts do you live? I lived in Chico for years, and have family there. I would die and go to heaven to be able to sit on the porch in that beautiful summer weather I remember, amid the oaks and long golden grasses, and knit to heart's content. No nostalgia here, no way!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
jtamsn Posted - 03/17/2013 : 5:30:13 PM
Welcome to the forums from Maine! I hope you enjoy the support, knitting inspiration and comraderie found here.
judy

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe