Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Vogue Knitting Live New York 2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
feb@pitt.edu Posted - 12/05/2013 : 12:45:28 PM
Anyone going? What are you most excited about?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kkknitter Posted - 01/20/2014 : 11:01:42 AM
It was a very hectic Friday, and I'm sorry that I missed Clara and any KR folks. The class I took Friday morning was "Seams Like Surgery" with John Brinegar, and I can highly recommend classes with this young, energetic man. That class was immediately--no break--followed by a lecture called "10 Tips & Tricks for Fabulous Photography." It was a very interesting lecture, and the pictures illustrating her talk were very instructive.

I had a quick lunch and then another class. This time on knitting socks with Kate Atherley. Kate was a delight, and I picked up several ideas that I most certainly will implement in my future sock adventures. As soon as this class ended, it was time for the Marketplace which covered two floors of the hotel.

The Marketplace was a bit of a let down. The light was so poor that it made it very difficult to see the true colors of the yarn on display. I managed to leave the place without spending any money on yarn, but was intrigued by some interesting sock yarn made by a company called Biscotte & Cie out of Montreal. If you are a sock knitter you might want to check out their web site.

Kristina

One Stitch at a Time Posted - 01/17/2014 : 1:32:08 PM
Hi All!

PamB and I are taking classes on Sunday but will be there Saturday afternoon for the Marketplace and staying overnight in a local hotel.

We'd love to meet for a KR group dinner on Saturday. If you'd like to join us, let's meet at 6:30 by the coat check.

PM me and we'll exchange phone numbers to coordinate details.

Hope to see you!

Nanci
megknits Posted - 01/16/2014 : 7:10:22 PM
I'll be there Friday (tomorrow!) and Saturday.

Meg
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but laziness is her favorite aunt.
minh Posted - 01/07/2014 : 4:52:10 PM
Have fun everyone! I wish I could be there, it is always lovely to catch up with KR folks over lunch and take lots of classes at VKL.

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Amarula Posted - 01/05/2014 : 9:04:01 PM
I'll be stopping in over the weekend as well.. Anyone up for organizing a KR get-together?
feb@pitt.edu Posted - 01/02/2014 : 09:27:00 AM
I have two classes on Friday, and one Saturday afternoon. I'm staying with my son in Jersey City and taking the Path in. I'd love to get together for lunch or drinks/dinner either day.

My classes are: Lily Chin's set in sleeve, Shirley Paden's lace, and Leslye Solomon's writing your own patterns. Hopefully I'll get to Clara's reading on Saturday, too.
-Fern
ssunday@bestweb.net Posted - 12/19/2013 : 05:59:24 AM
I'll be taking classes Friday morning, Saturday morning & afternoon and Sunday morning and will be staying with a friend at the Marquis Friday and Saturday nights. Hoping to connect up with some KRR friends. When are folks going?
kkknitter Posted - 12/12/2013 : 1:03:27 PM
I'm going Friday. Two classes, a lecture and the Market Place.

Kristina
dothead Posted - 12/06/2013 : 8:20:04 PM
I am taking Amy Singer's sock class on Sunday morning. And of course I am looking forward to the marketplace.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Mshark Posted - 12/06/2013 : 4:17:55 PM
I'm planning to go, hoping the weather will be good! Am especially looking forward to a field trip to the Union Square green market to visit the Catskill Merino booth, a confidence-building class on steeking and a lecture by Queen Bee Clara herself on the GWB. I hope to see other KRers there!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe