Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Knitting Mojo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chris Posted - 04/10/2014 : 09:03:40 AM
Mine is up. Way up, considering I haven't really knit in the past three years (says the woman who was so excited about moving from hot weather states [AZ and MS] to a cold weather state [WI]).

What brought it back? A project that I've read about other people loathing because of its tediousness: I'm knitting a pair of over-the-knee wool stockings. In stockinette stitch. Without a pattern. And I'm loving it!

I knit the second one first to avoid "second sock syndrome" and am about 1/3 of the way through the first one. And - get this - I'm planning on knitting a second pair after I finish this one!

Two things that are key for me about this project: it's really mindless (read "relaxing because I don't have to pay serious attention to it") so I can do it while watching Dr. Who (something else I've never done before!), and I'm definitely *not* being a perfectionist about them. Twisted stitch? Who cares! Inadvertently purled? Fuggedabouddit! They're going to be hidden by a long skirt, so no one is going to be inspecting them that closely. All I care about is that they fit okay.

Good to have the mojo back again. I've missed it.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
donnawatk Posted - 04/15/2014 : 10:24:36 AM
Hi Chris, I'm from Chicago and the on going joke is that there is only two seasons, Summer and winter. I'm just about tired of winter we had snow last night. I've been knitting afghans and cardigans. Ill trade anybody and cold day here for a warm day any where. Donna
azblueskies Posted - 04/10/2014 : 12:11:55 PM
Good for you, Chris! I always look forward to returning to our cold weather states (CT and OH) even if it's just for a visit. And in the meantime, I have family who end up with my projects. I have a 5-year old granddaughter who is always asking me to knit her something...latest was a hat for doggy. Didn't knit when I LIVED in OH/CT - had to move to AZ to get interested in it. Go figure. But hopefully, I, like you, will eventually end up back there or at least spending more than a few weeks a year there. Have fun! And post pictures!

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe