Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Left-handed knitting
 Baudelaire sock pattern conversion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cheerleader9 Posted - 12/03/2007 : 2:06:46 PM
I'm stuck on a chart definition of a SSK. It says: pass new stitch from right needle to left needle, pass second stitch on left needle over new stitch, pass new stitch back to right needle. Here's the problem ( I think). I knit from the right hand to the left hand. I tried doing a SSK the way I know but later in the pattern I have an extra stitch. Can anyone help? Do I need to explain more?

Barb in AZ
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
maribelaprn Posted - 12/03/2007 : 5:57:43 PM
No problem, Barb! It's difficult to decipher instructions that aren't particularly clear, especially when you have to switch the left's and right's in your brain at the same time! Can't wait to see them when you finish!
Cheerleader9 Posted - 12/03/2007 : 5:22:28 PM
Mari, thank you so much. It makes perfect sense now. You are right, the chart has the symbol THEN SSK and THEN the directions for the pass. That takes care of that extra stitch also. I took on learning the engineering of socks when I saw this pattern for the first time last January. I really thought I could finally tackle it after knitting 7 pairs of different sock patterns. Now, I can go back to it. I knew someone would help me!! You are a jewel:-)

Barb in AZ
maribelaprn Posted - 12/03/2007 : 3:18:56 PM
I think you're interpreting the instructions incorrectly. Those aren't directions as to how to do a SSK; they are directions for what to do AFTER you to the SSK. The stitch is supposed to mimic the double decrease of the sl1, k2tog, psso (also called a SK2P), but leaning in the opposite direction. You're supposed to do a SSK, then slip a stitch over that new stitch. It's a double decrease...you do the SSK (first decrease), put the resulting stitch onto the right needle, pass the next stitch on the right needle over it (second decrease), then put that stitch back on to your left needle and keep going. Just think of it as the sl1, k2tog, psso in reverse.

Note that I wrote these directions for someone who (like me) knits from the right needle onto the left needle....

Mari

2007 shawls/throws completed: 23
2007 socks completed: 24
WIPs: Aran braid scarf (my design) in Black Water Abbey yarn and
Scroll socks in Dream in Color Smooshy

My blog: http://maribelaprn.blogspot.com/

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?