Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 800 to 1200 Yards
 Need suggestions for Soft Lux

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amazing grace Posted - 01/26/2008 : 5:41:44 PM
I have about 900 yards of amethyst colored "Soft Lux" by RYC. The project I started with it did not work well in Soft Lux, so I frogged it.

Any suggestions of what to knit with this yarn?

Thanks,
Grace
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NastiJ Posted - 02/24/2008 : 09:55:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by amazing grace

I have about 900 yards of amethyst colored "Soft Lux" by RYC. The project I started with it did not work well in Soft Lux, so I frogged it.

If you are on Ravelry, you can search for this ysrn and find projects others have done with it - right now, it shows 111 projects for Rowan RYC Soft Lux. There are scarves, shawls, hats, mitts, sweaters, stockings, boleros, and more.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Gloria B Posted - 02/23/2008 : 10:12:37 PM
I don't know by this late date if you've already figured it out for yourself. But the first thing that jumped into my head when I read your post tonight is a shell, cap-sleeve or short-sleeve sweater to wear under a cardigan or alone.

What you make would depend on how much yarn you would need for each thing. I'd do the cap or short-sleeve sweater seamlessly on circular needles, knitting the body first, from the neck, then dividing the remaining yarn in half and knitting the sleeves down until I ran out of yarn.

I don't know if that would work for you. I haven't worked with this particular yarn, and that might be what exactly what you frogged!

Gloria B

"HI-YO Silvalumes!...AWAAAAY!!!"
(Who was that masked woman?)

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe