Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 A Hat for Brooklyn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Critterknits Posted - 09/29/2008 : 09:53:20 AM
So I finally got enough ambition to take a break from knitting (and sewing) to snap a few pictures of the hat I'm knitting for Brooklyn. It's nothing special but I think it will bring a smile to her face (and hopefully her parents as well!)
I am using a Caron yarn called "SPA", It is SUPER soft without being SUPER furry and messy. I love the results I am receiving and will keep this yarn in mind for future projects! One thing that drives me crazy is that it splits endlessly! It is very loosely spun which creates a horrible splitting issue! But I think it's well worth the extra effort :)
I plan to add a small flower made from the same (or maybe a contrasting color) yarn with some leaves or something of that nature cascading down the front/side. Please feel free to leave me any feedback! Thanks!

Click Here for Photos of Brooklyn's hat!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mocha Posted - 09/29/2008 : 8:20:44 PM
Congratulations. I remember Brooklyn on another post. I hope she is doing fine and I'm sure your hat will bring much joy.
Can't wait to see FO.
lella Posted - 09/29/2008 : 11:56:49 AM
It's a very pretty hat, a little lace and great colors. Thanks for letting us have a look at your progress. :)

I think with a flower on the side, as you were talking about, it will be very nice, and, either way, it will be a hit with Brooklyn.

Pics at Flickr
Zippiknits
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe