Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 RI Spinners Guild

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
calicokitty6 Posted - 10/20/2008 : 09:11:30 AM
We have a spinners guild in RI, which also has members from CT and MA. One member lives between RI and Vermont. Our guild is not huge, and feels personal. Membership is about 53 right now. Most meetings have about 20 or 25 people showing up. At the current time, we meet at a hall or in a member's home. Hosting a meeting is not a requirement to join the guild. I don't host any due to my dogs. RI is a small state. We try to move around the state to accomodate everyone and not have the same people driving a long distance every month. During the nice weather, we are demonstrating at local fairs and festivals. Again, not a requirement, but, a lot of fun. Workshops are also scheduled for next year, and some outings.

Our blog can be found at http://RISGonline.blogspot.com and we usually meet on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Our next 2 meetings are listed on the blog.

Come join us at a meeting to see if you would like to join. The first meeting is complementary. We have a lot of fun, learn from each other, and share our spinning/fiber passion.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
calicokitty6 Posted - 02/04/2009 : 10:37:56 AM
As of January, we are now meeting at the Slater Mill in Pawtucket, RI, in the Jenks Building on the second floor, and, there's an elevator for use. The building is yellow. It's a beautifully renovated building with lots of natural light. There is a huge parking lot next to the building as well.

Just follow the signs from Rte 95 in either direction. The mill is located next to the Pawtucket Police Station.

Our next meeting will be on Saturday, February 14, from 1 to 5 pm.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe