Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Felting Talk
 General Felting Discussion
 ShamWOW!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ceil Posted - 07/22/2009 : 6:41:47 PM
Our local ACE hardware store is now selling stuff that's "only available on TV". I'd been wondering for some time if a ShamWOW would suck the excess water out of my felted wonders, so I bought a set of the towels.

Once home, I simply laid my felted pieces on a folded one. The first time, I wasn't sure it was working--the ShamWOW didn't look at all wet--until, after a couple hours, I picked up the towel and felt how heavy it had become! Previously, it took 3-4 days for felted pieces to dry (I'm in Denver), and now it takes only 2. It seems to be worth the investment! Helpful if you've got a rush job!

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ceil Posted - 07/23/2009 : 10:53:19 AM
Claims aside, my pieces dry in 2 days instead of 3 now. Makes me happy!

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Milinda Posted - 07/23/2009 : 01:25:17 AM
I can't speak for ShamWOW, but the towels we have for drying our heavily-coated dogs are quite good for felted items and taking excess moisture out of sweaters before blocking. And Amanda is right, they make great travel towels. And she ought to know as she is becoming travel-addicted!

M L
Sara Sue Posted - 07/22/2009 : 11:53:00 PM
One of our local TV stations did a review on the sham wow and found that the claims made did not hold up under their testing. The one thing that did though was using the sham wow to dry the dog.
Atavistic Posted - 07/22/2009 : 6:42:39 PM
Another great thing--and cheap--are the towels used to dry dogs. You can get them at PetSmart. They also work well as travel towels. Super-smart Milinda taught me that!

"I'm telling you, we're in a M. Night Shyamalan flick."

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe