Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 Anybody in France?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kade1301 Posted - 06/16/2006 : 12:55:26 PM
Hi,
just wondering whether there are any (expatriate) spinners around in north-western France?
Bye, Klara
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
La galloise Posted - 09/30/2009 : 05:23:53 AM
Hello Klara,
Try www.petites-fermiers.com
that should give you their homepage,click on the section Normandy experience and you will find a list of participants........about way down the page you'll find a couple of spinners listed.
Mary
Kade1301 Posted - 09/29/2009 : 08:55:22 AM
Mary, which website? I only find one with gardening info...

http://www.lahottee.info
La galloise Posted - 09/27/2009 : 08:12:09 AM
Hi Klara,
I've just come back to KR after a break.
I've been trying to find enough spinners who would like to start up a guild system in France......there are spinners but they don't seem interested in meeting up ,except maybe once a year ( Tricofolk),but for you some good news there are some spinners up in the north. Try the the Petite Fermiers website(spelling's not mine!),it's an english group of smallholders,if you find the entry about their open day you'll find the names of a couple of spinners .
I've only managed to find one french spinner who knows the guild system because she lived in England for 25 years ,but she lives too far south even for me and I'm in the Bourgogne !
Mary
snowqueen Posted - 09/28/2007 : 07:01:48 AM
Hello,

Since a few month, I caugtht the spinning virus and I have been looking for sources of references. Then, I found Le forum du filage (litteraly the forum of spinning) and met friends from different European countries. They just open a english section. Have a look here : http://forum.tricofolk.info/forum/viewforum.php?id=31 Everyone there is very friendly and advises are very wise. Finally, this groop taugt me the sense of friendship with internet.

(please excuse my english)

snowqueen
Kade1301 Posted - 07/21/2006 : 08:59:30 AM
Hi Kristin,

This year there are spinners in France (the French are catching up - they just take time) but I was hoping to find somebody with whom I could talk English - all my spinning vocabulary is in English :-(

I'm right in the middle of the triangle Nantes - Angers - Rennes; 60 km from each city. Or 253 km from Trebeurden, according to viamichelin. Still, if you ever go there, you are invited to drop in on the way!

Bye, Klara

GrandmaHatter Posted - 06/28/2006 : 6:45:19 PM
Hi Klara,
I looked for spiners in France a few years ago and could not find any! (sorry!)

Where are you in north-westarn France? My husband's mother has a house in Trebeurden, in the Brittany region.

Kristin

I'm blogalicious:
http://leftcoastknits.blogspot.com/

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe