Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet finishing for knits - questions and ideas
 Baby blanket edge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
babyduck Posted - 07/26/2006 : 10:59:12 AM
Hi - I'm knitting a baby blanket (all stokinette stitch) and want to crochet an edge on the blanket so it's pretty and won't roll in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what pattern to use or how to do this?

Thanks!!!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ola alaa Posted - 12/08/2013 : 06:15:01 AM
I hope that this link be useful to you
http://crochet103.blogspot.com/search/label/Edgeing
vikkin Posted - 01/25/2009 : 10:55:21 AM

I was looking for the crochet shell edging instructions for a little refresher. Thanks to Heather my soon-to-be-here grandson will have a beautiful edge on his blankie
lella Posted - 02/21/2008 : 1:34:35 PM
Here's the stitch guide.. It's not easy to find.

http://www.freepatterns.com/content/content.html?cat_id=2&type_id=S

To answer your question, kadiddly, Crochet edgings on knitted things are easy after you lay the first row of single crochet on the edge. You do have to watch for stretching on the normally stretch edges of the knitting.

Lella

http://zippiknits.blogspot.com
Dejhia Posted - 08/11/2006 : 07:49:43 AM
There used to be a website that had vidoes of crochet stitches. However, that site is no longer working. I'm told that you can find videos of the stitches at Annies Attic's website. BUt, I havn't gone looking for them there so I can't speak to if they are really there or if they the videos are very good.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
kadiddly Posted - 08/11/2006 : 04:11:30 AM
I have a bit of an addendum to this question, as I just found this forum. I've found tons of crochet borders to put on blankets, with one teensy problem. I have the basics of crochet, but for some reason putting crochet and knit together just doesn't click for me. Are there any good tutorials on how to DO (how the yarn and hook physically works and looks) some of these borders instead of just the patterns for them?

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Dejhia Posted - 07/29/2006 : 07:34:19 AM
I am not sure since I havn't done a socknette stitch one. You could totally give it a try. If one round of sc doesn't do it, try going aroun a second time. That might ...

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
babyduck Posted - 07/28/2006 : 08:33:33 AM
Cool - thanks!

Do you know if a single crochet round would be enough to keep it from rolling? I guessing not.
Dejhia Posted - 07/28/2006 : 06:13:54 AM
IF you are looking for something really easy you can just do a single crochet edge around it.

I really like the look of crocheted shells, so I tend to use that for edgings. there are many differnt ways to do shells, but basicly you do a round of single crochets along all of the edges of the blanket, and then depending on the size of the shells you want
-for small shells, single crochet, skip one single crochet from the last round, do three double crochets in one single crochet, skip one single crochet from the last round. repeat (Sometimes, depdning on the look, I will skip 2 sc before and after the shell. It all depends on the yarn.)
- For larger shells, you add more double crochets. So it would go something like this: 1 sc, skip 2 sc from round below, 5 (or 7) dc into one sc, skip 2 sc from the round below. repeat.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe