Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Techniques
 How do you tranfer to storage bobbins?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cayli1 Posted - 08/30/2006 : 2:26:06 PM
You would think by now I would have had to do this but I haven't yet so I thought I would ask. Do you use your wheel or do you have another way of doing it? Probably another tool I don't have. [crazy]

Cayli in San Diego

My Blog and Handspun Yarn

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kade1301 Posted - 03/24/2012 : 06:17:51 AM
I don't use storage bobbins per se, but I wind my paper quills (for Swedish-style boat shuttles for weaving) with a cordless power drill. I insert a metal rod (in a pinch a wooden kebab skewer will do for a while) instead of a drill bit, wind the paper around it, and wind away.

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
hotzcatz Posted - 03/23/2012 : 11:15:49 PM
I'm assuming you're putting plies onto storage bobbins? If it is already made into yarn, then you can just store it as skeins. You can put it up as a skein if you have a niddy noddy, although unless you also have a swift, it will be a pain to put the skein into a ball or onto a different bobbin. I don't think you could ply from a skein, either. You can wind it into a ball which is easy if you have a ball winder. If you want to ply from a ball, just put the balls into a big glass jar or a cardboard box or some other containment system and ply.
PuppyMomma Posted - 08/31/2006 : 7:32:01 PM
I finally got one off of e-bay. They retail all the way up to $100 even for the little ones, but on e-bay I paid less than $40. Good luck. Sorry for the short reply last night, hard to type while finger is bleeding profusely.

www.funkyjewtopia.com

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.
Cayli1 Posted - 08/31/2006 : 3:16:51 PM
Okay, so I have to have another tool to do this any suggestions on one? I would like to spend as little as possible but still have it work.
PuppyMomma Posted - 08/30/2006 : 7:41:43 PM
Bobbin winder.

www.funkyjewtopia.com

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe