Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 male knitter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leslie jukes Posted - 11/09/2006 : 12:17:48 AM
HI ih ave been machine knitting now for about twenty years
a lady friend got a machine and i was fascinated by the way it worked. in a short while i got a bond knitting machine and with help from my friend i started turning out sweaters
after awhile i got an old knitmaster and progressed from there .i now use a toyota 901 with a ribber and have never worried about what peope think
i knit and my wife bonita crochets
never let anyone put you off something creative i am a member of the knittign &crochet group on MSN and i am one of only two males that ever join in the chats
take a look at my pics, my album is called 'stuff from england '
carry on knitting or crocheting regardless
best wishes
les ( known as talentedbrummygrandad on MSN )
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Knitasha Posted - 02/07/2007 : 7:45:39 PM
You should get to know John, a retired British schoolmaster who posts on the TKGA forum. He is a brilliant knitter and generous teacher who encourages others to become independent and design their own knitwear -- no "trust the pattern" with John! He has posted some pictures which make it clear that his wife is one of the best-dressed women in the county, at least in terms of sweaters and shawls.

"Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong?"
--Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
Momma78239 Posted - 01/13/2007 : 11:53:41 PM
We have three men in our local knitting group, and I have the pleasure of being married to one of them.

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
sandrasingh Posted - 01/13/2007 : 6:43:33 PM
We appauld you Les for doing what you love and not looking back!

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Chemcats Posted - 12/11/2006 : 05:34:12 AM
Good for you! Love the attitude..I just wish more people felt like you. Creativity is a necessity, imo.

Meribeth
lucylocket Posted - 12/11/2006 : 01:55:48 AM
Hi from an ex-Brit living in Australia (been here a long time) - Good on you - no reason at all for anyone to put anybody off being creative -there should be more men like you (I'm sure there ARE plenty - I once knew a University Science professor who used to crochet on the London Underground - He made things for his wife as well as himself - Keep up the good work - Happy Knitting - Lucylocket[meow]

My Pictures[http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucicat/]
chris Posted - 11/09/2006 : 09:20:01 AM
Les, I love your attitude: Never let anyone put you off something creative. That should be everyone's mantra!

Thanks, Grandad!

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe