Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Left-handed knitting
 Gift Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
freddypagaga Posted - 11/27/2007 : 9:17:03 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if you could share some advice about what gifts a left-handed knitter would like. I know nothing about knitting, but my mother-in-law has been taking classes the past couple of months and really seems to love it. Can anyone recommend some gift ideas?
Thank you for your help!
Becky
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ClimberKnits Posted - 12/30/2007 : 2:51:38 PM
I'd think that Clara's book of yarns would be awesome. Wish I'd known sooner about all the information in there. It would have saved me from several nearly unusable projects. It's called "Knitter's Book of Yarns" and is widely available.
BLN3320 Posted - 12/30/2007 : 12:04:16 PM
Do you think she might like a subscription to a good knitting magazine? Perhaps you can talk about them and see what she would like. Take care. Beverley

PS: Years ago I saw a book for left-handed knitters. If I can find the name I shall let you know.

Bev
knitz2 Posted - 12/04/2007 : 07:53:31 AM
as an LYSO, at my shop I'm suggesting a pamphlet called "Yarn Requirements Guide" with a gift certificate attached. the requirements guide is great for carrying in a purse so if you are out and about and see a yarn you really like, you can consult the guide to determine how much it would take to make [whatever: scarf, sweater, etc]. I frequently consult the guide myself when customers come in and say "oh, I like that but I don't have my pattern with me - about how much yarn would it take to make .."

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
georgiapurl Posted - 12/03/2007 : 2:10:01 PM
My vote is for gift certificates from her favorite local yarn shop(s). Many accessories, especially the higher ticket items, are not returnable so it's nice to be able to choose your own! Good luck!
quote:
Originally posted by freddypagaga

Hi,
I was wondering if you could share some advice about what gifts a left-handed knitter would like. I know nothing about knitting, but my mother-in-law has been taking classes the past couple of months and really seems to love it. Can anyone recommend some gift ideas?
Thank you for your help!
Becky

Fraggle Posted - 11/27/2007 : 9:40:27 PM
Regardless of domination of hands, all knitters use the same tools. So you have the world of options to you.

Simple are a kit of "necessities:"
scissors, stitch markers, pencil, small notepad, file, etc

Or you can go for bigger such as:
sets of favorite needles, gift certificates for yarn stores online, "natural" lighting, kits for items (come with yarn and pattern, etc), a comfy chair to sit in.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

~ Fraggle

". . . Or if you send me your size I'll knit you a new one" -Hawkeye on M*A*S*H

My websites:
Fraggle's World and For Me?! Knit-a-long

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe