Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet books, Web sites, magazines & resources
 Crochet Today magazine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GFTC Posted - 04/13/2008 : 09:09:24 AM
I just want to call your attention to Crochet Today May/June 2008.

I was in Borders the other day and I looked through Interweave Crochet but nothing caught my attention so I put it back. I noticed Crochet Today and a quick peek told me there was some sort of connection to Red Heart (not dissing, just commenting) but the publisher is Soho Publishing who publishes the Vogue books and Trisha Malcolm is the editorial director. Kind of a strange marriage w/Red Heart I thought.

I carefully snooped through the patterns and found several that I liked and would make:

• Fiesta Throw
  • an afghan crocheted with oversize mitered squares

• Crafty Covers
  • very cool golf club covers for the many sizes of golf clubs out today. I knit these kind of covers for a Mother's Day gift 3 yrs ago and had to design my own pattern since all the published club cover patterns are for lighter weight yarn, only one size and kind of dorky.

• Mesh Coverup
    what a crocheted sweater should look like

There are also cute patterns if you have a Tween-age daughter - crocheted earrings, crocheted backpack, a funky dress. Lots of other assorted good patterns, too.

The option is there, of course, to sub the yarn and colors of your choice.

edited to add: I bought the magazine, of course.

GFTC of NYC

www.flickr.com/photos/gftc_knits/
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wheat Posted - 04/15/2008 : 05:27:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GFTC

...I noticed Crochet Today and a quick peek told me there was some sort of connection to Red Heart (not dissing, just commenting) but the publisher is Soho Publishing who publishes the Vogue books and Trisha Malcolm is the editorial director. Kind of a strange marriage w/Red Heart I thought.

Only if you don't know that all share the same German parent corporation -as well as owning the Knit & Crochet Show - which explains a lot of what goes on there as well)

To get an idea of thier Needlework lines, visit the Coats web site.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/

hte

Wheat
rejoyce Posted - 04/14/2008 : 10:17:08 AM
My 22 year old daughter gets "Crochet Today" and absolutely loves it. All of the yarns called for in the projects seem to be Moda Dea or Red Heart, but it is easy to sustitute.
She made me a scarf from one of the issues out of Moda Dea washable wool and I have to say I love it. The yarn is very soft and doesn't seem to pill much.
Kim

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe