Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 No Blog required Sockalong Part II

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lella Posted - 02/25/2006 : 01:12:21 AM
We had about 12 pages going on the first topic and I got worried about the bandwidth. I hope this is ok with those who were still plodding along. Welcome to the new pathway...

I've gone back to DH's favorite sock pattern to knit up his Trekkers.

lella[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/9971/omelet.gif[/img]

http://zippiknits.blogspot.com
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lella Posted - 11/25/2008 : 4:56:03 PM
Yippie for you, socker. I am happy to say that you have left me in the dust. Congratulations on getting your sock pattern off to the races and it sounds rather "Awesome", too.

I finished a pair of Jane's Hedgerows, which my DD pronounced "Awesome" when they arrived. Jane, dear, I think she likes your pattern! Fancy feet!

The next pair of socks will be for me but there's so much to do around here in the next month and a half that it's going to be awhile. We'll see.

Pics at Flickr
Zippiknits
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
socker Posted - 11/16/2008 : 05:09:12 AM
OH! finally, some quality time on socks. I got to spend most of yesterday knitting a new pair for myself. No pattern, I just cast on for a rounded wedge toe, came up the foot with a tiny cable up each side of the instep, and a place in the middle for honeycomb cable,I found this pattern on the 'net, but do you think I can find it now? It's a 12 stitch, 12 row repeat that's full of C2F's and C2B's. Starting the honeycomb cable after a gusset short row heel (love that heel, see Fleegle's or Wendy's Blogs) after I do a few repeats of the honeycomb and mini cables on the front and stocking stitch on the back, I'll switch to patterns all the way around, a couple rows of purl, a few rows of Irish Moss, a couple rows of purl, then some ribbing, not sure if 1X1, 2X2, or something else.
lella Posted - 07/24/2008 : 11:12:54 AM
Wendy those are darling little socks. So cute. Sorry about that magazine being lost.

Zippiknits
WendyB Posted - 07/23/2008 : 12:28:54 PM
Lella, there are several patterns in one pdf (variations on a theme), but the most appealing variations (to me) were not included in the pattern on Knitting Daily, and are only in the magazine (that I lost), unfortunately.

I have another option. I made the berry hat in red (tomato) and lavender (berry), and could make socks to match.

Sandy, do you have a photo of your Yukon Leaves? Show them off!

Wendy
lella Posted - 07/23/2008 : 10:26:38 AM
Congratulations, Sandy! I'm glad to have helped. Aren't socks fun? What is next up for you in the Socker division? And yes, socks take a long time because their voices are so tiny and high pitched that you can hardly hear them calling out to you from the knitting bag! Those Ferocious sweaters are entirely different.

Wendy, how bad of KD! Is it possible at all to look at the missing parts and figure out how to get from A to B? So you have only a partial pattern for the socks? How strange that they would leave out probably the most appealing details on a pdf pattern and expect you to buy (even though you had the mag) the magazine to get them. So many things puzzle me about that.

Second sock syndrome hit me awhile back so I've joined an Olympics team at Ravelry to get Jane's Hedgerow sock it's mate in record time. I want to make them and get them off to my DD soon. They are really lovely socks.

Zippiknits
sandyt Posted - 07/21/2008 : 10:39:20 AM
I finished the Yukon Leaves!! Yippee!! I'm really happy-they were a fun knit and if I had worked on them daily instead of 3X at week, they would have been fast!!! Thanks to lella, who inspired and offered alot of assistance!!
WendyB Posted - 07/21/2008 : 07:13:22 AM
Finished? I haven't even started the baby socks.

I wanted to do either the Braided Cable or Hugs and Kisses version of the Better Than Booties Baby socks from Knitting Daily (originally in the Summer 2005 issue of Interweave Knits). However, as they say at the top of the pattern, "Instructions for the Ruffle Rib, Braided Cable and Hugs and Kisses socks are in the Summer 2005 issue of Interweave Knits. Instructions for the Ruffle Rib (again), Chevron Lace, and Cable Rib socks are given here." Of course, I've lost my Summer 2005 issue of Interweave Knits.

That's just plain mean of Knitting Daily, leaving out those versions of the pattern.

Congratulations on finishing up your red boot socks, Lella!

Wendy
lella Posted - 07/20/2008 : 11:33:42 PM
You finished those socks sandy and I finished the $*# red boot socks. Let's run amok and eat a whole meringue cake all on our own! Sound like a good idea? Anyone else finish anything?

Zippiknits
lella Posted - 05/28/2008 : 1:51:40 PM
Yukon Leaves is a nice pattern because each 15 stitches, as I recall, sit on one needle. It helped me out because I didn't get "off" in the pattern going round and round. I've gotten to the heel turn on the second boot sock, oh joy. Lot's going on around here atm so knitting is taking place just late at night and early in the morning.

Zippiknits
DebbiOH Posted - 05/14/2008 : 12:45:12 PM
Love the socks Wendy. SandyT I've always wanted to make the Yukon Leaves but keep putting them on the back burner. Maybe those will be next.

~Debbi~NW Ohio
WendyB Posted - 05/13/2008 : 5:26:41 PM
Lella - I can imagine you with smoke coming out of your head!

Yay, Sandy. You are on the home stretch with your Yukon Leaves...

I think that I'm going to cast on for the first baby sock soon. Right now I'm making a Pure and Simple baby cardigan (and tea cozy and scarf from Clara's book).

Wendy
sandyt Posted - 05/13/2008 : 1:41:51 PM
I turned the heel of the Yukon Leaves!! Whoo-hoo!!! I'm heading down the toe stretch-or home stretch!!! Wowzers!

I just received a beautiful skein of Yarn Love, Juliet, colorway Cloud 9.

Be careful with those sparks, Lella!!!
lella Posted - 05/13/2008 : 12:30:40 PM
Hi there, Sparky here. Sandy, I had to energize the straw/marble stuffing by sticking a hairpin in the hot side of an outlet in the kitchen. Whoaaaaa that smarts! Oh, the pattern on the sole thing. Yes, they are a bit hard to walk on sometimes if the pattern goes all the way around. It's good that you changed that.

The blue sock is nearly knit (for the second time-grrr) up to the toe. Casting on both second socks, the marled Lana Grossa and the blue, this afternoon. Then to move on the the UFO's - four!- of the notsocks varieties. shhhh. those will never be spoken of here again. hehe

Zippiknits
sandyt Posted - 05/09/2008 : 10:36:39 PM
A naughty sock aging in a bag-how sad!!! How can these little pieces of knitting cause so much trouble?? Mine aged for 2 days until I figured out that I didn't need to continue the leaf pattern on the sole. Really. I've never knit a pattern on the top of the foot,so I was very confused.

I hear marbles rolling . And I hope my sparks jump the gap soon.
lella Posted - 05/09/2008 : 5:30:47 PM
What beautiful socks, Wendy. That is a must make design. Those little Budds are darling.

Socker I hope you find the apricot yarn. Could it be wedged tightly down some small space, like in the car or the side of a chair or cushion? Mine would slip easily when they were in plastic Zlocks. Also, isn't it sweet when you make something that someone just adores? Congratulations on your success story, there.

Sandy, that's a very sweet pattern. Leaves seem to make great sock motifs. And, dust will collect anywhere that the electricity is out of whack, and that would be my armor atm. lol

I've no knitting to report. This will be true until, as my friend puts it, I get more straw stuffed in my head so that the marbles can touch again. I have to tink again and the sock is tied tightly into it's little bag, aging.

Zippiknits
WendyB Posted - 05/04/2008 : 8:54:44 PM
Here is a photo of my socks (with the sentry-cat keeping watch). I'd like to make some baby socks next, like Ann Budd's Better Than Booties Baby Socks.

Wendy
socker Posted - 05/04/2008 : 11:40:05 AM
Gave MIL her RELAX! socks and a pair of shorties made with On Your Toes Bamboo. She's in love.
Yulon leaves sounds nice.

I'm still looking for the apricot yarn with the seduction socks started, so I'm still working with autumn color happy feet yarn and Nutkin pattern. Not making much headway with company and trying to get some other (non knitting) projects done.
sandyt Posted - 05/03/2008 : 12:57:39 PM
The Yukon leaves looks pretty great in the dull yarn! Lella, I don't believe for a sec that any dust specks would be on your armor!!
lella Posted - 05/03/2008 : 11:40:55 AM
Wendy, congratulations on finished embossed leaves. I still have that sock hanging off the two needles but have fought my way through about four inches of the new, streamlined foot of Hedgerow. Much has been happening not related to knitting around here.

And Sandy, congratulations on starting Yukon leaves. I think the bland yarn won't matter, because the pattern will show up better and it's a very pretty pattern. I did mine with Mountain Bearfoot Colors and they are gorgeous colorwise but the pattern got lost a little. Still love them though!

Today I'm packing away things that are going to the Goodwill. Glass and other delicate things. A lot must be jettisoned. I will not let any china go, though. It's belonged to former family members and is a weak spot in the anti-materialism armor. *blows dust specks off her AM armor*

Zippiknits
sandyt Posted - 04/28/2008 : 11:20:09 PM
I casted on "Yukon Leaves". I'm about 2 1/2 inches into the cuff on 4 needles. I've only knitted socks on 3 needles, so...... The pattern is very pretty. I had some LL Shephard sock in Chino left over from a sweater project. The color is bland, but I think the pattern looks OK in it.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe