Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet patterns on the Web
 ISO: Granny square/ripple baby blanket pattern

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolj Posted - 05/24/2009 : 6:15:01 PM
A friend's mother called me today and asked if I might hunt down a pattern for her. I'll describe it the same way she did. The blanket started with granny squares and then went into ripples. The ripples seemed to be made, not with increases in the same stitch, but with different size stitches. She also said there may have been five granny squares in each corner. I suppose the blanket ended with a row of granny squares. The entire thing was finished with a scallop or shell border.

Her sister had bought the blanket at the Wool Festival in Falmouth, Kentucky, so I guess there's no possibility of contacting the person who made it.

Can anyone help? She's such a dear person--I would really like to locate the pattern for her.
Thanks,
Juanita
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Coolj Posted - 06/02/2009 : 04:20:38 AM
I thought I'd tell you I was able to get the picture from the above link to my friend, and it was exactly the pattern she was looking for. Her daughter was able to order it for her, so she now has it in hand.
Juanita
Coolj Posted - 05/25/2009 : 08:25:50 AM
I didn't even think of posting on Ravelry. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll go there now.
GFTC Posted - 05/25/2009 : 08:00:59 AM
Have you posted your question on Ravelry? You could put it in the Ripples group and in the Granny Squares group as well as in Afghans/Blankets, Obscure Patterns, any number of Crochet groups........ OK I'll stop now.

If you find it please post the link here. It sounds interesting.

GFTC of NYC
my knitting photos on Flickr or Ravelry
Coolj Posted - 05/25/2009 : 06:59:10 AM
I totally screwed up the description. It starts with a granny square in the middle with probably eight rows and then goes into the ripple. The one she wants does have granny squares in the corners. I found this http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=103 and am trying to get a picture of it to her via her daughter. However, I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly what she's looking for.
Juanita

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe