Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Hi I am a guy that knits

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wolfskin Posted - 07/01/2009 : 06:53:25 AM
Hi this is Eric from Singapore, I am a guy and I do knit ^^ although I do agree not many guys does at least not in Singapore. I am one of the rare few there is haha...

I haven't been at it for long, pick up basic knitting techniques from the video clips uploaded on youtube and since then I have been doing scarves. Have been wanting to try on hats but failed everytime I do. The decreasing portion when u are near the top of the hat is just hard to handle. Maybe I haven't practice hard enough.

Well lately I have just started a simple blog for myself (http://guythatknits.blogspot.com/) so here it is check it out and leave your comments. Hope to know more people from the world of knits and yarns ^^ See you there.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfskin Posted - 07/03/2009 : 06:32:30 AM
Hey thanks for all your replies and infors will check them out soon... ^^
MMario Posted - 07/02/2009 : 2:33:18 PM
There are more of us around then people think. You might want to check out www.menwhoknit.com - there is a high concentration of male knitters over there (for some reason....*grin()

and for videos check out www.knittinghelp.com

MMario

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Katheroni Posted - 07/01/2009 : 10:33:48 PM
Hey, Eric, good to have you around. I know several guys who knit, all ages, and all of them are very good.
Mocha Posted - 07/01/2009 : 9:05:55 PM
Welcome to the forum Eric. I do see few guys who knit here. And I've seen one guy knitter who does mean lace!

As for hat, you need DPNs or magic loop or 2 circular needles for the decrease if you are knitting in circles. Otherwise, just do flat and join.
Sara Sue Posted - 07/01/2009 : 1:31:37 PM
Welcome Eric - I just learned to do "Magic Loop" and solved my "unable to do hats" problem. Should be some videos on youtube. Give it a shot. Also there is a spot here for left-handed knitters. Look under Knitting Talk and you will find the thread.
kadiddly Posted - 07/01/2009 : 12:34:17 PM
Welcome, Eric! People here are very generous with their time and knitting knowledge, you've come to the right place! I love the banner on your blog, too! Great scarf!

You can't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
Blackstage Stitches
phlame Posted - 07/01/2009 : 09:49:33 AM
Good for you Eric. We love guys that knit! Looks like you're doing a great job too! Neat scarf.

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...To much is not enough!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe