Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 Single or Double Bed colour Changer?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wrapaholic Posted - 01/25/2010 : 01:53:37 AM
I have a brother kh891 (lucky me - ebay bargain!), and a single bed colour changer (which I have never successfully managed to use - always end up with knitting falling off machine!)...
I have just (in a mood of madness) just purchased a kr850 ribber (ebay bargain again!).....and the same seller has a double bed colour changer on offer.... I'm wondering if I should get that too..?
I am going to have quite a bit of learning to do with the ribber as it is - but I am fed up of mock - ribs and being limited in what I can and can't knit in my knitting pattern books/magazines all for the want of a ribber!
Would I still be able to use the single bed colour changer once I have the ribber set up (presuming by the time I get to any fairisle knitting I would be using the main bed only)? Is the double bed colour changer for those only wishing to knit jaquard (floats knitting in at rear of fabric)......? Or is it the only colour changer you can use once you have your ribber set up - no matter what your knitting plan?
Help!

<font size="6"><font color="violet"><center>Knit-wit!</center></font id="violet"></font id="size6">
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wrapaholic Posted - 02/26/2014 : 09:41:51 AM
Thank you Chiral for your replies - I will look at using the birds eye setting for double jacquard. That sounds great. (I have now got a krc900 double bed colour changer)!
chiral Posted - 02/28/2010 : 04:05:02 AM
A site of interest is:

http://knitting.bikibird.com/jacquardform.html

This has a program to convert an ordinary punchcard to double jacquard and print out the results so you can then punch out a blank card. Hope this is useful.

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiral1/
chiral Posted - 02/23/2010 : 8:10:19 PM
I forgot to mention that on punchcard machines you will need special cards for double jacquard. These are generally available at knitting machine shops and are fairly easy to make once you get the hang of them. One of the magazines such as Machine Knitting Monthly or Machine Knitting News may have back copies of articles on how to do this as I learnt to make them from these magazines.

Steve
chiral Posted - 02/23/2010 : 7:46:25 PM
The double bed colour changer is used when you need to change colours regularly with double-bed work such as double jacquard or any striped fabric. You can still use the single bed changer whenever you want to knit multicolour fairisle or slip/tuck patterns on the main bed only.

Because you have the 850 ribber you have the option of birdseye double jacquard as well as normal double jacquard. This means, for one thing, that you can knit up to 4ply double jacquard easily (as I'm doing at the moment) as long as you use the birdseye (lili) setting.

I agree that ribbed welts are so much neater than mock ribs.

Steve
wrapaholic Posted - 01/25/2010 : 01:57:03 AM
Oh, and do I need special punchcards to knit fairisle with a double bed colour changer? Or will the regular fairisle punchcards work?

<font size="6"><font color="violet"><center>Knit-wit!</center></font id="violet"></font id="size6">

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe