Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Book and Magazine Swap
 OLD Christmas Stocking pattern

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fryguys Posted - 06/25/2005 : 06:34:49 AM
I am trying to locate a very old Christmas stocking pattern. It is one that my grandmother started knitting in the 1950's, so I know that this request is a long shot. We think that it may have been published in a Better Homes and Gardens or other woman's magazine in the early to mid 50's. It's knit on two needles and had a picture of Santa hanging a white stocking. There are 2 rows of red bricks near the top and his beard is made from angora so that it's fuzzy. There have been a number of knitters in the family over the years that have made this sock and all we have left are hand reproduced copies of the pattern. If anyone recognizes this and knows where I could find an original, I would be very grateful.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andreaknits Posted - 01/13/2013 : 09:03:38 AM
Hello!

I just sent a few private messages to people who said they have some stocking patterns, but I thought I'd put this out there more widely... I am looking for a Christmas stocking pattern that is super important to my husband's family -- EVERYONE in the family has the same stocking and they have had them made by people over the years who I guess just took the existing stockings and made up a pattern to match... I'm a skilled knitter, but not skilled enough to do that! If I could find the original pattern it would make my life so much easier... we need new stockings for me and the baby we're having later this year! Here are 4 pictures of the stocking:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B23eRk0y1N8-NGRlRXp1NEJPalk/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B23eRk0y1N8-VW5hYnBMRlVqY1U/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B23eRk0y1N8-YlkxTkRoa21yZDg/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B23eRk0y1N8-cHRSVG8zNXROdWc/edit

The first ones were made in the late 60s or early 70s. Let me know if you have any help!!

- Andrea
suecq Posted - 01/22/2012 : 09:12:30 AM
Mary Maxim has a set of 4 books with knitted CHristmas patterns. The set is $30, but I believe in January they are on sale for $15. The patterns are well written and easy to follow. There are Santa, snowmen, Roudolph, pointsettias,and many more.
Deborah4644 Posted - 01/16/2012 : 6:19:55 PM
Hi Caryn I too am new to the site. I have some stocking patterns that may be what you are looking for. Send me a picture and I will let you know.
Thanks
Caryn1127 Posted - 10/27/2011 : 04:25:45 AM
I am in search of a knitting pattern for a Christmas stocking my Nana made me when I was little... I can email you a photo or can attach one if someone tells me how -- I just joined :)
It has a santa face on -- santa face has sequins in the beard, eyes, nose, mouth & hat -- towards the foot it has bells and the bells have sequins. My name is personalized at the top in sequins. Suggestions or help is great -- I've already tried the sites in this posting with no luck and I tried to email Kelly but I know this is an old message -- help :)
mariegee Posted - 12/13/2010 : 4:28:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PeepsKnits

I have directions for a knitted Christmas Stocking but the chart is missing. The stocking has a santa on the front standing in front of a christmas tree which you decorate with sequins. The back of the stocking has two ornaments. There is a band on the top where you put in the child's name. Does anyone have the chart for the stocking? Thank you!!

mariegee Posted - 12/13/2010 : 4:25:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PeepsKnits

I have directions for a knitted Christmas Stocking but the chart is missing. The stocking has a santa on the front standing in front of a christmas tree which you decorate with sequins. The back of the stocking has two ornaments. There is a band on the top where you put in the child's name. Does anyone have the chart for the stocking? Thank you!!

mhthompson Posted - 03/24/2010 : 11:49:19 PM
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/santa-claus-stocking
new location
dschmidt Posted - 01/04/2010 : 08:23:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by lakeout

better late than never ...

http://ruthlessknitting.ruthlessediting.com/vintage-santa-stocking-pattern

hope that helps

-linda

But nice and early for those who want one for Christmas 2010 ;-)

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
lakeout Posted - 01/03/2010 : 7:39:59 PM
better late than never ...

http://ruthlessknitting.ruthlessediting.com/vintage-santa-stocking-pattern

hope that helps

-linda
FJC61 Posted - 12/29/2009 : 7:46:53 PM
Hello, I'm new to this site and joined as I'm at my witts end and I'm hoping someone out there can help me out!!

When I was born, December 25, 1961 my Grandmother had a friend make me a Christmas Stocking and I used that stocking my whole life. Well my fireplace backed up and the room filled with soot and my stocking was covered in soot. I called my Mother to see what I should do and she said to fill the sink with luke-cool water and add some woolite to the water and let the stocking soak in the water. Well after 10 minutes I went back to check on it and ALL the color was floating on the top of the water and my stocking was ruined. Needless to say I was sick to my stomach over this, and I would Very much love to have a new one made, however, I can't find a pattern so a lady at work can make it for me. Does anyone happen to have this pattern or know who it was by? I'm sending you a link that has the exact stocking that was sold on e-bay in 2007 and unfortunately the ad doesn't give much information other than the all important picture of the stocking. Any help or input anyone can offer would be Extremely Appreciated!!

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-knit-christmas-stocking-santa-and
Cheri Posted - 11/18/2009 : 07:00:26 AM
I am new to this site and came across it while searching for a Christmas Stocking pattern. My mother made these stockings (Santa hanging a white stocking with an angora beard) for us when we were young and I want to make one for my new son-in-law and grandson. If anyone could send me the pattern, I would be thrilled. Thanks.
knitnut07 Posted - 11/04/2009 : 08:03:15 AM
I am looking for a Christmas stocking pattern that was in a magazine in 1976. My sister made them for her children then and I made them for mine a few years later. Now we both have grandchildren and no one knows where that pattern went. It was a knit sock/stocking with a contrasting toe and heel color and horizontal stripes around the body of the sock and you could put the name at the top. If anyone has this pattern I would appreciate it.
elationrelation Posted - 10/23/2009 : 3:40:48 PM
Hi Kelly,

Could you send this pattern to me too please?

Thank you in advance,
Susan Reishus
elationrelation@yahoo.com
elationrelation Posted - 10/23/2009 : 3:38:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by blairroy

quote:
Originally posted by 4krnatv

I would love any Christmas stocking patterns. I just finished the 1945 one that I found out about in Mason Dixon knitting and it turned out well, but I would love any others. Let me know, please.

Grace Ennis Christmas Stocking Patterns

I found the new distributor of the Grace Ennis Christmas Stockings! Susan owns a shop in Florida and has started selling the pattens when Reid stopped. I have ordered patterns just last week and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Check out her website. http://www.astitchintime.com/
Happy knitting!

hat Posted - 02/27/2009 : 2:30:00 PM
I'm looking for some old stocking kits. My mom made them for years starting in early 50s. I have some of the patterns, but they are so old they are hard to read. Most were made from Bucilla or Bernat kits. Have searched the web but can't locate any new ones. Can anyone help?
blairroy Posted - 01/04/2009 : 12:55:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 4krnatv

I would love any Christmas stocking patterns. I just finished the 1945 one that I found out about in Mason Dixon knitting and it turned out well, but I would love any others. Let me know, please.

Grace Ennis Christmas Stocking Patterns

I found the new distributor of the Grace Ennis Christmas Stockings! Susan owns a shop in Florida and has started selling the pattens when Reid stopped. I have ordered patterns just last week and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Check out her website. http://www.astitchintime.com/
Happy knitting!

Letty Posted - 12/08/2008 : 1:11:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kellymtx

Hi. I know this discussion is old but if anyone still needs this pattern, I have it. I also have dozens of others I got from my grandmother. Just send me an email. -Kelly

Kelly - If you have this it would be wonderful! My grandmother passed away and we're not sure what happened to the pattern. My e-mail is lettyhoagland@embarqmail.com. I'd love to finish the patterns for the new kids.
4krnatv Posted - 12/05/2008 : 05:08:08 AM
4krnatv Posted - 12/05/2008 : 05:03:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kellymtx

Hi. I know this discussion is old but if anyone still needs this pattern, I have it. I also have dozens of others I got from my grandmother. Just send me an email. -Kelly

daple Posted - 11/22/2008 : 8:58:42 PM
Thanx, Mickey. I did that and now have my exact pattern!
Delores

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe