Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 250 to 500 Yards
 Looking for answers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evergreen Posted - 08/31/2010 : 09:01:02 AM
I came to this category hoping to find ideas for using up about 400 yards. And there are no posts here. So, here's a call for ideas on using 400 yards of yarn. I found a quilt shop who was closing out on their yarns and got some nice stuff for half price. Some is semi-bulky, all is wool. Some is worsted weight.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NastiJ Posted - 09/02/2010 : 10:38:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

I came to this category hoping to find ideas for using up about 400 yards.

If you have a Ravelry membership, you can search the pattern archive by a myriad of criteria, yarn quantity being one of the available sort filters.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Evergreen Posted - 09/01/2010 : 10:26:25 AM
Thanks for the tips. Just last night I was looking in one of my knitting books that is all ponchos, long, short, and caplets. I may just have to start at the beginning of the book and make every one.
NutmegOwl Posted - 09/01/2010 : 07:18:26 AM
Many small shawls and "shawlettes" take under 400 yards, and there's no reason why they can't be knit in worsted. I am a huge fan of cowls, too. They are a quick knit in a bulky yarn, incredibly cozy to wear, and a wonderful gift via small yarn investment. You can probably get 2 pair of some nice cabled fingerless mitts out of a skein, too. As a mom, I live in these, as they allow me to still button and zip toddler clothes without taking them off :)

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
jtamsn Posted - 08/31/2010 : 6:19:08 PM
Hats, mittens, scarves, slippers, baby sweaters, these fall into my categories of "instant gratification projects. Items that dont take alot of yarn, and work-up relatively quickly.
judy

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe