Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Felting Talk
 General Felting Discussion
 Fiber trends clogs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rakuqueen Posted - 02/15/2011 : 06:06:40 AM
My DD in college many miles away called and told me she had an emergency! My heart did a flip, while I asked her waht it was. Her felted clogs have a hole in them and could I make her a new pair. This is not an emergency but an opportunity to use some of my yarn. My question, I have 2 skeins of pattons wool and one skein of a verigated galway wool I had planned on making into a kitty pi for my other DD. I was going to use the solid for the soles and the other for the tops. Do you think I'll have enough? Thanks for your help.

Jane

Rakuqueen
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rakuqueen Posted - 02/17/2011 : 4:09:31 PM
Why would I save any yarn!! It is just an excuse to knit some more. This will be her third pair in about 6 years. I have made one and started the other today. Don't think I'll felt them until we see her in about a week. I did wind the yarn for my other DD's sweater. It's a 2 day trip, so I can get quite a bit done.

Jane

Rakuqueen
kbshee Posted - 02/16/2011 : 3:56:43 PM
I just did these during the Super Bowl and did them with two different types of wool (Cascade 220 for the soles and Manos for the tops). It took about 250/260 yards in Manos for the tops (making a ladies' large).

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Shalee Posted - 02/16/2011 : 11:52:51 AM
I assume you don't have any of the original yarn so you could needle felt a repair. Save some, even if it is scraps, this time. Better safe than sorry!

I'm in the middle of making the Natural Comfort Felt Slippers from Fiber Trends. This will be my first felted project and all I can say is that felting is based on BLIND FAITH! Oh my, do they currently look weird!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

mertle Posted - 02/15/2011 : 7:15:23 PM
As to felting at the same rate, there should be no problem. I've used Paton's & Galway (my top 2 favorite wools for felting) together quite a few times with excellent results.

Marilyn
My Bags
Consuelo Posted - 02/15/2011 : 1:35:35 PM
forgot to mention: if you do both soles of the same yarn, the instep the same yarn, you shouldn't have any problem felting.

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Consuelo Posted - 02/15/2011 : 1:32:51 PM
Well,if you are making a size 6 you need 500 yards; if you are making a size 8 you need 540 yards; and if you are making a size 10 you need 580 yards; cuffs are about 50 yards... just like the pattern says :-D

You'll need to figure out what the yardage in those skeins are before you proceed. The label of each skein should solve the mystery.

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Panhandle Jane Posted - 02/15/2011 : 06:35:13 AM
I would be concerned that they may not felt at the same rate.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe