Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 Where have all the crocheters gone?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zknit08 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 12:41:41 AM
Where have all my fellow crocheters gone? It's year 2010 and I feel like singing this song and wake my crocheting friends to this topic.

It's year 2010! Have you made any new year's resolution regarding crochet or yarn? My new year's resolution involving crochet is to crochet more and start planning and making Christmas gifts now.

Happy new year to all!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zknit08 Posted - 05/31/2011 : 03:17:05 AM
I've been making t-shirt make-over to take a break from crochet/knitting. It's nice to do a project that can be done in a few hours instead of weeks or months. I can happily go back to knitting/crocheting after doing one T-shrug.

Happy knitting/crocheting!

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com

robinstephanie Posted - 05/28/2011 : 12:35:44 PM
Yes, azblue, and maybe ice it after working for a while? Icing helps me.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
zknit08 Posted - 05/28/2011 : 09:11:26 AM
Sorry about the cramp in your thumb while crocheting. Maybe, you just need to take a break from crochet for a little while. I hope it resolves itself and you can do crochet again later.
azblueskies Posted - 05/27/2011 : 12:50:04 PM
My mother taught me crochet years ago and I learned how to knit about 7-8 years ago. I wanted to add a crochet border to something a couple weeks ago and I had an awful time finishing it because it hurt my hands so much....I kept getting a cramp in my thumb. I'd try to rub it out and get back to it but it just kept on cramping. I'm more apt to knit that crochet but hate to think that I might never be able to crochet again.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
zknit08 Posted - 05/27/2011 : 09:43:54 AM
Beautiful work!!
Solaris Posted - 05/22/2011 : 11:28:44 AM
I'm still here, lurking quietly. I have finished 2 crochet pillows lately. To me crocheting is just as addicting as knitting. To see my projects either go on Ravelry (Solaris is my name), or just check my blog (link is on the bottom of my post).

zknit08 Posted - 03/25/2011 : 4:03:51 PM
Hi Greyling!

That collared shawl is pretty and looks so warm. Perfect to wear on a snowy day. I'm practicing on my knitting while taking a break from crocheting. Red Heart do have a lot of nice patterns. I like interweave too, they do have lots of inspiring projects. I need to finish this baby afghan that I'm currently crocheting. I completed 6 blocks out of 36 blocks that I would need.

Have a good day/evening. :)
Greyling Posted - 03/25/2011 : 2:15:32 PM
I'm always crocheting something. I subscribe to Interweave Crochet, so always see new things. I don't do them all, but the magazine does inspire to try new yarns with new patterns.

I've also noticed that Red Heart has really revamped their web site with free patterns and a wider selection of yarns - including Stitch Nation. Fun to look through. I'm thinking of making the Rectangles and Squares Throw for an 8 year old niece. It's basically a granny square version, but I like their color combo.

Red Heart also has a free pattern for a Curly Swirly Scarf (crochet) and I think I'm going to try it in their Designer Sport so it's not as bulky.

http://www.redheart.com/

Currently working on this knitted item:
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/collared-shawl

Curly Scarf:
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/curly-swirly-scarf
zknit08 Posted - 03/19/2011 : 7:29:29 PM
Well, my interest in knitting and crochet is back! I have made berets and now I'm making a baby afghan. I hope to work on it all year round.

Happy crocheting everyone!

Zknit
zknit08 Posted - 12/01/2010 : 5:19:02 PM
Well, how's everybody? It seems ages since I last visited.
zknit08 Posted - 05/01/2010 : 1:32:30 PM
I cannot stay faithful to just one craft (crocheting)and has to do something else. I don't know if there are other creative crafters who are like me. I'm beginning to focus again on quilting and so if I'm mostly absent here, it is because I've gone quilting. I created a new quilting blog for this purpose.

http://quilt4artsake.blogspot.com
zknit08 Posted - 04/28/2010 : 3:27:28 PM
I need to work with more color combination, maybe this will revive my interest.
Do a free form crochet perhaps?
Chayah Posted - 04/28/2010 : 07:15:02 AM
I think I have been reading more and crocheting less lately, just returned to my afghan and hope to do some coral reef pieces and scrumbling too soon. Happy to see more crocheters writing in, xoxo,,Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
zknit08 Posted - 04/27/2010 : 05:16:53 AM
I'm struggling to revive my interest in knitting and or crocheting, this is what happens when my routine is interrupted with so many unexpected event that I cannot control, I lost my creative focus and energy. I'm glad that all of you are crocheting and knitting as usual.

Happy crocheting and knitting,

zknit
v-allknit Posted - 04/22/2010 : 10:50:56 PM
i have started crochet this year and am loving it :) i find it as addicting to knitting

shruti

My blog

ravelry

zknit08 Posted - 04/07/2010 : 3:50:48 PM
Now, I'm spending way too much time on facebook and it is time for gardening also. I have one big afghan project going and I know that it will take me forever to finish this.

Just the same happy crocheting!

zknit
zknit08 Posted - 02/13/2010 : 11:05:40 AM
When I'm not crocheting, I'm reading other crochet blogs and or knitting, sometimes I sew and would like to do more sewing. I'm transferring my sewing machine in the attic where it is warm and I can't get motivated doing anything in the basement when it is too cold despite the wood burning stove we have down there. Hopefully I can do more sewing, knitting, crocheting in the same attic room. I sometimes post in my blog also but neglected it due to some other things that takes more priority.

Happy Crocheting and Knitting!

Zknit

http://crochetcheers.blogspot.com

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com
LoneKnitter Posted - 02/12/2010 : 10:21:00 AM
I spend most of my time on Ravelry. I like to see completed projects in both knitting and crochet. I also can keep track of my stash and where I am in a project that I have not worked on in a while. I also help crocheters out there in the forums. I am LoneCrocheter on Ravelry.
zknit08 Posted - 01/20/2010 : 5:13:39 PM
I'm spending some time mastering the technique of knitting so later I can combine crochet and knitting in making an item. I've seen some garment made this way by a particular designer. I'm not abandoning crochet at all. Besides When I get tired of crochet and needed a change of routine, I can pick up my knitting, and vice versa.

Happy Crocheting and Knitting,

Zknit
Chayah Posted - 01/14/2010 : 06:50:00 AM
I am so happy to hear from other crocheters here. Currently I am making a small rug in strips and an afghan for my son which has been languishing for a long time. I also love crocheting hats. I look forward to chatting here with all of you.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe