Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitting for Babies and Children
 Premie Hat with ear flaps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
calibriacait Posted - 05/27/2011 : 06:20:48 AM
Hi: I'm new to Knitter's Review and I like to do simple knitting. My grandson was born at 28 weeks with a weight of 2 lb 7 oz and is in the NICU. An organization makes knitted caps and one of his first days, his primary nurse's saw a cap that had ear flaps and got it for him. She said she's never seen one with ear flaps and was all excited about it. I made the basic premie cap for him, but would love to find a pattern with the ear flaps. If anyone has one, I would love it if they would share.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
calibriacait Posted - 05/31/2011 : 07:05:59 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll check everything out that you suggested.
KathyR Posted - 05/28/2011 : 3:36:29 PM
Try this pattern or this one. The second has earflaps - the first is for preemies and comes right over the ears and the second is for heads 10-14 inches. Of course, you could always change the size by using a lighter weight yarn.

KathyR

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
My Blog
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/ (Roselea Fibres)
kkknitter Posted - 05/28/2011 : 08:50:36 AM
Hats On! by Charlene Schurch has a nice Danish Earflap Cap on page 72. Check my Flickr account to see my version of Charlene's cap.

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
neraksenrab Posted - 05/28/2011 : 06:56:19 AM
How about the Norwegian Sweet Baby hat? It is kind of an earflap hat and would be easy to size down to a smaller size
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-sweet-baby-cap---djevellue Karen
lacylaine Posted - 05/27/2011 : 11:13:06 AM
I've never seen a pattern for a preemie cap with earflaps but I have made regular size caps for all my kids. I bet, if you studied a regular pattern that called for earflaps, you could fudge it pretty easy.

Also, try Google & Ravelry for free patterns in case someone has already done this. Good luck!

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

2010 FO: two pair felted clogs, two chemo caps for Mom 2011 FO: BYOB (market bag), Hedgerow Mitts, pair of wristers/sweatbands, Baby Alpaca Grande Vest; LYS mystery shawl

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe