Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Felting Talk
 General Felting Discussion
 FT clog pattern question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueNuthatch Posted - 12/18/2011 : 08:18:27 AM
I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong and why I'm ending up with the wrong number of stitches, so if anyone has their FT felted clog pattern handy and has a little time, maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong.

I'm making Men's Large and when I get to row 35 I have 50 stitches left on the needle, not making it possible to k3, k2tog to the end of row and end up at the 49 stitches I'm supposed to.

If I read back to row 31, where it says you end up with 58 stitches on the needle and I figure each p2tog and ssk decreases the row by one stitch
row 32 should have 57
row 33 should have 56
row 34 should have 55
row 35 should have 50 stitches.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

thanks for taking the time to get this far :)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yarnlover Posted - 12/19/2011 : 4:21:14 PM
This knitting is going to be felted, shrunk so no details will be visible. I don't fuss too much with knitting mistakes for things to be felted - you will never see it. Being one stitch off, I'd just either do one extra decrease or add one extra stitch and carry on.

But then, I've felted many, many things so have learned this from experience. I may have been concerned on my first felted project, but have learned to let little things go in a felting project. On the other hand, if it was a knitted project, then yes, out comes the mistake because it would be visible. Good luck with the clogs. I love mine.

See My Stuff: Here

Shalee Posted - 12/19/2011 : 10:11:07 AM
Don't feel bad, reading a pattern wrong happens. I find that when I am tired I shouldn't knit, unless it is just a straight knit around and around, like a sock!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

BlueNuthatch Posted - 12/19/2011 : 05:48:27 AM
Thanks so much for reply...I think figured out what I was doing wrong, I completely misunderstood the direction after row 35, I thought I was supposed to K3, K2tog, all the way around to the end of the row, but I only do it once then just knit to the end of the row...oops haven't been knitting in a while...

Thanks again for your time.
Ceil Posted - 12/18/2011 : 10:27:22 PM
Assuming you had 58 sts after knitting row 31, then an extra decrease must have snuck in somewhere before row 35, OR that extra decrease in IN row 35. I'd tink back one row at a time to 31 and see if each row has the same number of decreases as the pattern.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe