Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 Knitting log and photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Phillida Posted - 12/22/2011 : 07:34:26 AM
Do you keep a record of your knitting? Descriptive log? photos?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kbshee Posted - 12/24/2011 : 11:29:08 AM
I use my blog.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
busygirl Posted - 12/23/2011 : 7:09:46 PM

I also use Ravelry to record all details and photographs of my completed projects.

Leslie

My Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/busygirl/
My Blog
http://lesliea-cosycorner.blogspot.com/
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 12/23/2011 : 09:44:34 AM
I record in a Moleskin book starting with the name of the project,date, yarn and needle size. I record the decreases, etc for sweater sleeves because otherwise I end up with them non-matching. I am also on Revelry, but the notebook works for me because I can carry it with the projects.

Debra
Jane Posted - 12/23/2011 : 05:01:50 AM
I use Ravelry to record my projects, and so all the important information for each one has been entered there, along with a photo. It's become the most reliable way for me to keep track of my knitting. I do still get a little twitchy about the yarn labels, though. To keep, or not to keep? If the yarn was an indie-dyed color, I save a little snip along with the label, since many of them are one of a kind.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Phillida Posted - 12/22/2011 : 5:53:14 PM
Thanks to you who replied. I wondered if I am obsessive. I take a photo from my computer, but print each one out for
an album. I keep a log, too. I register the dates I made the item, the yarn I used, the needle size, and the gauge. If I used a pattern I note that too. Sometimes I put a swatch into the album with the photo. Please stop me from getting obsessive about the ball bands and labels. Please tell me I do not need to keep each one with a sample of the yarn--right now they are all jumbled in a box.
kkknitter Posted - 12/22/2011 : 3:35:30 PM
I did not use to take pictures of my work consistently, but now I do. I have found that it is fun to try to take good pictures. A class in photography would not be a bad idea. I also like to get a photo from the recipient wearing my work.

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
robinstephanie Posted - 12/22/2011 : 1:43:51 PM
quote:
I don't but I should. I'm always saying I should have taken a picture of what I knitted but its always an after thought.

What Donna said. And I constantly regret it. Maybe if I buy a camera that actually works...

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
donnawatk Posted - 12/22/2011 : 08:22:13 AM
I don't but I should. I'm always saying I should have taken a picture of what I knitted but its always an after thought. Donna

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe