Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Household Items and Accessories
 Fisherman Afghan Book

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
karenam Posted - 03/08/2008 : 5:26:37 PM
I am looking for the 1972 "Fisherman Afghans" book by Boye and/or Spinneran. If anyone has it, I would be happy to pay for a copy of the book (photocopies would be fine!) or to buy the book. Also, if there is another book like it, I would be interested. I am hoping to find a good pattern for an afghan done in panels and not squares. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
funkyczech Posted - 06/26/2012 : 4:39:16 PM
Thank you for your post, I appreciate your help.
Julia
donnawatk Posted - 01/30/2012 : 12:20:35 PM
Aunt Linda, Thank you for the listing I ordered the book. I wanted to knit some special for my sister this will be great. Donna
auntlinda Posted - 01/28/2012 : 12:51:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by funkyczech

I am also looking for the Fishermans afghan book the cover is black with a girl on the from wrapped in an afghan. My mom started this afghan and put it down. After many moves the book has been lost. Does anyone have a copy they would be willing to sell, or I would purchase photocopies. Thank you for any help you could give me.

look here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/90787312/1972-fisherman-afghans-knitting?utm_source=toolsforetsybuyersse&utm_medium=api&utm_campaign=api

and here: http://www.tias.com/14271/PictPage/3923925225.html

~Linda
funkyczech Posted - 01/08/2012 : 3:48:18 PM
I am also looking for the Fishermans afghan book the cover is black with a girl on the from wrapped in an afghan. My mom started this afghan and put it down. After many moves the book has been lost. Does anyone have a copy they would be willing to sell, or I would purchase photocopies. Thank you for any help you could give me.
karenam Posted - 03/09/2008 : 10:41:55 PM
Thank you to all of you! When I ask questions on this site, I am always amazed over everyone's kindness and time!
Sher Posted - 03/09/2008 : 09:29:54 AM
Thank you for the compliment, lizknit. Yes, it is a beautiful design. MY DD picked out the pattern from the Internet and I made it with Lion Brand Wool Ease in Green, her fav color. My DS (IT guy) is supposed to be coming over today so hopefully, I can solve the problems I'm having posting on Flickr and can link to my pictures!
lizknit Posted - 03/09/2008 : 08:38:22 AM
Oh, that's beautiful, Sher! I bet your daughter was thrilled with it. What kind of yarn did you use?

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
Sher Posted - 03/09/2008 : 08:21:50 AM
http://www.canadianliving.com/CanadianLiving/client/en/Crafts/DetailNews.asp?idNews=2375&idSM=307

I made this afghan for my daughter. It is designed to be made in panels and sewn together but I HATE TO SEW so I made it in one piece on long circs. I also made it longer that the pattern calls for so it would fit on her college dorm extra long bed.
lizknit Posted - 03/08/2008 : 10:39:21 PM
I found two Spinnerin Fisherman afghan books from the '70s on eBay. Here and here.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe