Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Addi lace tarnishing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Knitgirl Posted - 03/11/2012 : 2:54:25 PM
Hi!
I have pulled out a lace project that has been on the needles for awhile and found that my addi lace needles have tarnished . Has anyone had that problem?? If so, what
have you used to clean them?
Thank you. My apologies if this has been discussed. If you can direct me to another thread that would be grand.

Lauren
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JillN Posted - 03/15/2012 : 07:14:23 AM
I was visiting my SIL and brother when I had the Addi lace tarnish issue. I found Norwex Cleaning Paste under their sink, gave it a try, and IMMEDIATELY asked where I could get some! It worked just great, better than anything else I'd used in the past.

It's not cheap, but you use so little, that this one container would last me a lifetime.

http://sheilatedrow.norwex.biz/?p=n§id=4&cid=5&pid=403500

I bought a lot of their products to use to clean my new kitchen, I just love their products!
Knitgirl Posted - 03/12/2012 : 12:06:31 PM
Thank you for the recommendation. Yes, they are the gold colored ones. I never even thought of them discoloring. Will try jewelry cloth on them.
Hmm....I have recently learned that I am allergic to nickel...so now I need to be careful of needles I use. I thought it only meant that I had to buy good jewelry..heehee

Thank you for the help!
Catlover Posted - 03/12/2012 : 09:40:27 AM
Are they the gold colored ones? I'm guessing they are, since the nickel-plated interchangeable lace needles shouldn't tarnish. I have a few of the brass ones and I have used a microfiber cloth to wipe them. It takes more than one swipe, but it has worked for me. Hope that or something else works for you.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe