Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Politics sort of, but this is Woman's Health

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lella Posted - 03/23/2012 : 2:05:42 PM
Have you seen this? It's about knitting a womb to send to your Congress person. So, I advise to not go there if the very idea offends you.

http://www.governmentfreevjj.com/

I'm knitting one for mine. He offends me, actually. He's quite offensive.

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 04/08/2012 : 10:49:49 AM
Awesome. Such draconian legislation. I grew up in the Roe v Wade era, in a sort-of feminist household. My boyfriend is even more feminist than me, which I love. Hearing that people want to put a stop to women's reproductive rights and healthcare boggles my mind, and actually really frightens me.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Punctuatedknitter Posted - 04/07/2012 : 6:58:59 PM
That's great :)
NastiJ Posted - 04/07/2012 : 1:56:22 PM
"Ariz. lawmakers receive knitted uterus as protest"

The packages were delivered Thursday, each in a clear plastic bag labeled with a legislator's name and containing a letter from a woman opposing the measure.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/04/05/national/a162214D64.DTL#ixzz1rOGAoOwQ

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
robinstephanie Posted - 03/26/2012 : 3:14:01 PM
lol that's awesome, Lella. Are you going to send it out, too? I feel like if knitted one I'd get attached to it, and want to put it on my bookshelf or something, so I'd have to knit two. That must sound strange, but I find the anatomical really interests me.

I read somewhere the other day that these women's health issues that politicians dream up as flashpoints for election year campaigning are really of very littler interest to women voters. Wish I could remember where I read that, so I could say more about it.

Robinsteph

lella Posted - 03/26/2012 : 2:26:02 PM
Everything seems to be under attack this "Hunting Season". We'll just have to keep "plodding" along, eh? I'm trying to finish a sock but then I'm knitting a uterus. lol

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
robinstephanie Posted - 03/24/2012 : 05:30:29 AM
Awesome site, Lella, and strange to say, really cute uteri. Didn't ever think I'd utter that sentence, but they look great all knitted up in red and pink, and I'm tempted to try one.

I read the link about the Susan G. Komen executive resignations over the Planned Parenthood funding debacle and subsequent reversal. Didn't realize either one of the things had happened. My my. Makes me want to write a check to planned parenthood.

Robinsteph

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe