Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Guild and Group Info
 Monday night group

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grand-moogi Posted - 05/01/2012 : 05:40:25 AM
Hi all! Here is the latest news from our Monday night group.
I have told you about the member who is learning to knit and she is starting with - not a scarf as anyone else would start with but a full length lace coat.
She has frogged it so many times that we have lost count - she says 6 times.
We showed her how to put in a life line so if she thinks she has made a mistake she need not pull it all undone.
She keeps us all amused. There are two pieces of news that we have to pass on. One she was sitting up in bed knitting - well where else would you knit? and her partner grabbed hold of the needle. The result was that the stitches came off it. She scolded him in no uncertain terms and told him he was lucky that we had taught her about "stress" lines which is her name for them. He must have been suitably chastised because the next day at work a great arrangement of flowers arrived with an apology.
Second piece of news - She has begun a stash. She found some wool she really liked and bought it for when she is finished her coat. Her partner wants to know why she bought that when she has not even finished the coat. OH dear. He has a lot to learn. We all congratulated her saying that if she has a stash she has become a real knitter. She is very proud of herself and we are all very proud of her too.

I knit a hug into every stitch
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 05/10/2012 : 8:53:22 PM
That's a great idea, Grand-moogi!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Grand-moogi Posted - 05/08/2012 : 06:58:55 AM
Thanks Crafty. My husband suggested we should tell the reporter from the local newspaper to run a story and picture of her when she is finished it.

crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 05/07/2012 : 6:03:24 PM
Hi, Grand-moogi! Please tell your friend that I send a hearty "Congrats" on her progress her way!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
Grand-moogi Posted - 05/07/2012 : 5:38:44 PM
Wow you should see the lace coat! Since we showed her how to put in a life line, which she calls a stress line, she has not pulled it undone at all. It is coming along nicely and it is now big enough that it is falling over her knees and nearly down to the floor when she is knitting.
I have told them how I am reporting on her progress to the KR and she is pleased to get the responses and reactions. However I was told that I have to tell you about A who is the boottee queen - she knits boottees all the time and H who does coathangers and hand towels - you know the ones that have fancy tops to hang them?
There are others but those are the ones I was instructed to tell you about.

crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 05/01/2012 : 11:24:20 AM
Hi, Grand-moogi! This lady is very adventurous! I tip my knitting needles to her!
She's started a stash already?! She's definitely on her way!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
robinstephanie Posted - 05/01/2012 : 10:44:32 AM
I was wondering what ever happened to the lady who jumped right in with the coat. She sounds very determined and tenacious. And yes, sounds like her partner is going to be learning a lot in the coming years! lol. Mine went through the same process. He has finally stopped asking, "What are you going to make with that?" after hearing "I don't know, but I love it!" so many times.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe