Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Big Scare

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nanaknit Posted - 05/12/2012 : 9:38:58 PM
Last evening I received word that my SIL had been in a motorcycle accident and was being med-flighted to a trauma center about 50 miles away. I grabbed my knitting and purse and ran out the door. It was a very long night, but he is ok. He is supposed to deploy Monday to the Persian Gulf, but he dislocated his shoulder and they think he may have a few small fractures in it. At the least, his deployment is going to be delayed.

All night while we were waiting for news I kept thinking about the fact that he has had 4 deployments; including two in Iraq at the height of the war and came home safely only to be in an accident.

I can't say enough good things about the Trauma Center at Kaiser South Sacramento. Those folks are great.

BTW, when I grabbed my knitting bag I forgot the pattern, so didn't have anything to keep my hands busy. NOT a good thing

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nanaknit Posted - 05/14/2012 : 08:18:27 AM
Thanks for all of your good wishes. We were so lucky. He is flying back to San Diego today, his CO wants the Navy docs to take over his care so he can deploy soonest. Would imagine it's going to be an uncomfortable flight. I'm going to invite my daughter to lunch at her favorite restaurant today, hopefully it will give her a chance to wind down a little bit.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Luann Posted - 05/14/2012 : 02:40:04 AM
Oh, Linda! So glad to hear he will recover, but how scary. And ironic, given his service!

Mr. Luann has had a couple of dislocated shoulders, not fun. The last time it happened the only knitting I had going Was a lace pattern. Needless to say I had to rip out everything I knit in the emergency room waiting area. After that I vowed to always have a mindless knitting project in progress to grab so I'd have something to keep me occupied but that I could also be distracted and not completely mess up.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Milinda Posted - 05/12/2012 : 11:14:41 PM
My thoughts are with your family and may your SIL have a speedy recovery. And isn't it awful to have to sit for hours with no knitting? It keeps me sane. Take care.

M L
eldergirl Posted - 05/12/2012 : 10:07:59 PM
Hang in there, Linda, and support your daughter. Lots of hugs{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}.

Life is beautiful.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe