Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Wearwithall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stitchellen Posted - 05/31/2012 : 05:33:44 AM
$21.95 + S&H for a 56-page booklet? I often pay $5.00 or more for a single pattern, but I know what I'm buying. The Yarnery offers no photos or descriptions of the contents of the booklet. There is a link labelled "description", but there is nothing there. I no longer order knitting books with catchy titles, after spending far too much for books full of patterns for items that are nowhere near as nice as those in my collection of booklets that sold for $2.00 and less in the '50s and '60s. I'm lucky if I find one pattern I'll use in a book for which I paid $20 or more. If The Yarnery would post a photo of each item in the book, I might order it, but no more blind purchases.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 06/02/2012 : 11:25:30 AM
I don't want to be mean and maybe I am measuring the patterns against The Brooklyn Tweed standards of beauty (Levenwick anyone?
http://brooklyntweed.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_9&products_id=47
but none of these patterns seem at all special or new to me.

Debra
ikkivan Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:36:09 AM
Thanks for posting that web site address, Linda ... I probably would have overlooked this book, too, if not for that. Now I want it!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
stitchellen Posted - 05/31/2012 : 07:16:40 AM
The Yarnery has several patterns listed on Ravelry, but none from the book or I'd order the individual patterns. I love Ravelry, don't know why anyone would "hate" it. I have bought many patterns via it. I've never used it to try to sell something, though.
stitchellen Posted - 05/31/2012 : 07:08:57 AM
I wrote to The Yarnery about my concern. A response came rapidly, with a link to the wearwithallbook site. It has a slide show of all of the patterns, and a separate link shows yarn needed for each. Now I'll order the book!
churchlady Posted - 05/31/2012 : 07:05:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by stitchellen

I'm lucky if I find one pattern I'll use in a book for which I paid $20 or more. If The Yarnery would post a photo of each item in the book, I might order it, but no more blind purchases.

I agree, and, first thing I thought was "Now we have Ravelry, so we can look for those pictures and projects!", but I have heard someone at the Guild say she hates Ravelry for some reason, and it takes time for a variety of projects to be posted, so it's nice to know they have a great website.

Live, Laugh, Love, Learn
tracie@amsden.net Posted - 05/31/2012 : 06:46:46 AM
I was at the Yarnery's retreat the first weekend in May and saw many of the items from the book. I fell in love with it and purchased it. Since then I have also purchased enough yarn to make 3 pairs of the socks and the stole. I can't wait to finish up some items so I can get started! In addition to the wearwithallbook.com website, here's a link to the patterns on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/wearwithall-knits-for-your-life/patterns
LJ Posted - 05/31/2012 : 06:07:08 AM
Did you look at the website? http://www.wearwithallbook.com/ There are pictures of the patterns on the first page plus other info.

I think it's a nice collection of patterns. And good for the ladies and men that are "normal" knitters putting together a nice book.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe