Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 Can you believe it? TV paradise?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eldergirl Posted - 07/14/2012 : 9:09:45 PM
TV paradise in the mid-Atlantic: The Washington DC PBS station has added a new channel called "WETA/ UK"
That's right! Nothing but British television on this channel, including old fabs (Prime Suspect,
All Creatures Great and Small,........the list goes on and on, and includes new shows that we haven't seen.)

Can you believe it? This means that we have three channels in our viewing area that show British TV. I get the vapours just thinking about it!

I know, I know, this may not last, but remember we all get Downton Abbey this fall!

And I'm sorry about other areas of the country that are not so blessed. Just remember we have hot and humid summers. We need that Brit TV t get through them!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
knittingewe Posted - 08/07/2012 : 2:02:35 PM
Love BBCAmerica. It's about the only channel I watch anymore when I actually get to see anything on TV. Otherwise it's Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, or Xbox. Ugh

So Much Yarn, So Little Time...
My Blog: http://jsknittingblog.blogspot.com
scotgirl Posted - 07/26/2012 : 05:53:20 AM
Glad you are all enjoying the british tv, here, it's the opposite, we have SKY, so get the Atlantic and Universal channels as well as 5USA and there are great programmes on there.
I loved Blue Bloods, Alcatraz and have been watching Prime Suspect USA which have all been good.
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 07/18/2012 : 4:49:39 PM
Minh, Helen Mirren is great in Prime Suspect! Here in Colorado Springs, we get the BBC America channel as well as another BBC channel.
Also, on our local PBS channel, we get Brit comedies & BBC news! Life is good!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
minh Posted - 07/15/2012 : 6:23:15 PM
No fair, I am going to petition the Boston PBS station.
I still haven't seen Prime Suspect, I hear Helen Mirren is great in it (as usual).

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Grand-moogi Posted - 07/15/2012 : 09:35:51 AM
Hey that is amazing. I always knew that we like the British TV shows but I did not expect Americans to like them so much. I thought the sense of humour was too different.
Since an Australian girl married Prince Frederick of Denmark, Australia has become more conscious of all things Danish.
Denmark and Sweden make brilliant murder detective stories. Look out for "The Eagle" among others.

I knit a hug into every stitch
flicka Posted - 07/14/2012 : 10:03:57 PM
That does sound like heavenly t.v. We can get Seattle PBS and Tacoma PBS and consider ourselves lucky. But yeah, you're right, we don't have to suffer through the heat of the Mid-Atlantic states. I don't think I'll be moving anytime soon!

flicka

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe