Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Women's Sweaters/Clothing
 Ram Wools Own WINTER WILLOWS COAT Pattern

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wild Currant Posted - 07/02/2012 : 4:00:57 PM
This is my first time posting a request, please excuse me if I commit a forum faux pas.

I came acrossed Knitter's magazine Fall 2004. One of the ads in the back was from Ram Wools. In the ad is a coat pattern called Winter Willows, which was featured in their Fall '04 catalog.

According to the person who responded to my email, there are new owners and they do not have that pattern available now.

Does anyone have this pattern to sale or share? I'm most eager to get it.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 07/28/2012 : 08:42:46 AM
Oh yeah, good point, Donna. Wild Currant, Donna's right, and I forgot that detail--if you do post your pics elsewhere, you can post a link to it here.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
jaymeKnits Posted - 07/28/2012 : 05:14:54 AM
I may have a different perspective on this as far as copyright and such. My guess is that the rights to the pattern did not transfer with the sale of the business. That would mean that the pattern rihts either belong to the designer or to the former owners of the company. If you can find a way to contact them you may be able to get the pattern that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jayme-stahl
Wild Currant Posted - 07/27/2012 : 4:26:14 PM
Thanks for checking for me Robinsteph. Someone told me about that site and I've just completed searching as well...what do they say about great minds?

Someone's just got to have it.
robinstephanie Posted - 07/27/2012 : 3:18:17 PM
Nope, not on Rav.

Robinsteph

dschmidt Posted - 07/27/2012 : 2:54:09 PM
You can post a link to a picture of the coat though.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
barchick3723 Posted - 07/27/2012 : 12:46:31 PM
Hi Wild Currant, if you are on Ravelry, you can type in Rams Wool on the pattern search. Maybe it will be there?

Carol
robinstephanie Posted - 07/10/2012 : 08:54:57 AM
Hi Carol. The forum doesn't support pictures in posts, so people usually post pictures on their ravelry pages, blogs, or flickr.

Robinsteph

Wild Currant Posted - 07/09/2012 : 8:53:13 PM
Thanks Robinstephanie. You crack me up Flicka. I'm currently using some beautiful yarns I purchased 10 years ago. I have NO idea what I intended to make from them, so now I'm trying to find patterns that use the amounts of yarns I have! I do like the your suggestion about finding a similar pattern.

Is it allowable to post a picture of the pattern (published in a magazine)I'm searching for? Someone may recognize the pattern but not the name.

Thank you all.
Carole
robinstephanie Posted - 07/07/2012 : 10:10:14 AM
Hi, Carole--Welcome to KR! I think what Anna meant when she said "keep posting" was to post on this thread occasionally, to keep it active and so new readers will see it, in case it jogs somebody's memory, or in case a new person comes along who may know it. The forum threads and posts are dated, and older ones to which nobody posts any more kind of fall off and disappear.

Good luck finding your pattern!

Robinsteph

flicka Posted - 07/06/2012 : 3:51:45 PM
I'm not able to help you find the actual pattern, but I have some ideas. When I obsess about an unobtainable pattern, I figure out what it is that I like about the pattern, then enter those elements into the Ravelry pattern search miracle thing. I sometimes come pretty close, and if I am willing to combine elements from different patterns I could probably get myself very close. (Truthfully by that time I am tired of the whole thing and move on to something else. I'm fickle that way.)

Anna, wow, what a treasury of knowledge you are! We are very lucky to have you posting on KR.

flicka

Wild Currant Posted - 07/05/2012 : 11:55:36 PM
Thank you for responding, Anna.

I'm not sure what you mean by "keep posting." Because you have responded, do I need to make my request again to keep it active? I'm not the greatest knitter, but I knit better than I understand these postings and forums!

I do hope you are able to locate the booklet. If you have other suggestions for me to pursue, I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Kindest regards,
Carole
eldergirl Posted - 07/05/2012 : 6:19:53 PM
Hi Wild Currant!
I was a longtime lover of Ram Wools and their designs. When the previous owner retired and the shop went coop, it did become a bit more of an ordinary shop.....not such good designs, and more usual yarns. And so, that wonderful Winter Willows design disappeared.

I can tell you that it is knit of worsted weight wool, that Schoolhouse Press sells as "Canadian Regal", and possibly Ram Wools still sells as "Selkirk".

I do have a booklet of winter designs from Ram Wools, and I think I does have a sort of coat, but I will have to look it out before I tell you anything for sure.

So, keep posting, and see if somebody else fell in love with that coat: I certainly did, and it did come out as a Kit, but I didn't get it :-(

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe