Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Maryland vs NY Wool and Sheep Festival

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
greyhound Posted - 07/24/2012 : 12:15:33 PM
Hello! I plan on visiting one of these two festivals next year. I would like some opinions from anyone who has attended them. What did you like or not like. Variety of classes and vendors etc.

Thanks I appreciate it!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
purlewe Posted - 08/06/2012 : 08:02:06 AM
Greyhound,

It depends! Both are such great festivals!

MDSW is in May, I think it is the biggest festival on the East Coast. It is usually warm and very crowded.

NYSW is in October, and is generally the last big festival of the season. It is usually cooler and again, still crowded.

Here is Clara's take on this yrs MDSW: http://www.knittersreview.com/article_event.asp?article=/review/profile/120510_a.asp

and last yrs NYSW: http://www.knittersreview.com/article_event.asp?article=/review/profile/111020_a.asp

I personally prefer NYSW b'c it is near to my family. It is the first festival I ever went to. It has a special place in my heart.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
greyhound Posted - 08/05/2012 : 1:49:50 PM
Thank you both for your input - I appreciate it! And Miriam, a great idea of visiting both. Being that I live in Phoenix AZ, I don't visit back East that often - but this is definitely an incentive.

Thanks again!

Jennifer
Mshark Posted - 08/05/2012 : 09:47:53 AM
Being a Marylander, I'm partial to Maryland Sheep & Wool. Wonderful opportunity for immersion in every kind of yarn, tools and accessories to the ultimate fiber source -- actual sheep, yaks, goats -- and a nice selection of classes. Why not do one this year, one next year and let us all know how they compare?

Miriam
knit1crochet2 Posted - 08/04/2012 : 09:46:02 AM
I've had the pleasure to attend the NY Wool and Sheep Festival.The festival is phenomenal. All the pros are great shopping, good special events going on all over, and good demos. I've never attended a class but they have top designers. On the other side,it's very crowded and spread out so there is a lot of walking.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe