Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Political discussions
 "2016" (the movie)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ceil Posted - 09/02/2012 : 5:43:45 PM
It's unusual for me to post in this forum, but my DH and I saw this movie yesterday. The way Denish D'Souza gathered and presented the sources that provide the facts make this movie compelling indeed. I came away from it thinking about the US National Debt as more than a very large, unfathomable number: How did we get it? What makes it grow? And what might our future be in light of it? (The last question is the most important one.)

This is worth seeing towards making an informed decision for the upcoming election. I bought the book this movie is based on, also by D'Souza, which gives the opportunity to digest all the information more slowly and carefully.

Do go and see it. www.2016themovie.com

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 10/25/2012 : 07:21:51 AM
From his actions, should we extrapolate that his background prevents him from accepting marriage as the union of one man and one woman? Is it because of his Goan-Catholic background he cannot understand "our" definition of marriage. Does his acceptance of Hindu religion mean he can never be like "us"?
Or is he a phony cheater who does not live by anyone's idea of a moral life, but presumes to tell President Obama that he is not a "real" Christian.
We have no state religion and despite what Paul Ryan says our constitutional rights do NOT stem from God.
What I know for sure is what my Nana would say, "God does not like ugly" Mr. D'Souza.
Luann Posted - 10/25/2012 : 06:16:04 AM
"D’Souza also stated: "I had no idea that it is considered wrong in Christian circles to be engaged prior to being divorced, even though in a state of separation and in divorce proceedings.' "

Um, no.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
flicka Posted - 10/23/2012 : 09:05:27 AM
Oh, that pesky press corps! Always having a grudge against prominent people! (Thank you, First Amendment.)

flicka
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 10/18/2012 : 6:07:21 PM
News flash! The creators of this movie Dinesh D'Souza was fired from his position as head of a Christian college when it was discovered he had become engaged to a young woman while still married to his wife!!
What a lying phony!
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/christianity/christian-filmmaker-dinesh-d-souza-resigns-king-s-college-after-sex-scandal
flicka Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:47:16 PM
Okay, I'm seeing a lot of "no" votes on the D'Souza movie. How about the new Clint Eastwood flick? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

flicka
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 09/05/2012 : 6:04:05 PM
If I had been called as many names or had as many lies told about me and my family as President Obama I would be really, really, really angry.
D 'Souaza is telling lies and has been doing so since he was in college. He wants to be white, to be liked by whites to be considered equal to whites. That is everything anyone needs to know about him. He hates himself.
President Obama spent one week with his father and is no more influenced by him than by the man in the moon.
While on a program with D'Souza, Newt Gingrich started to call our president "the food stamp" president. D'Souza did nothing. He is a liar who sat there and let this lie go uncorrected, which was then repeated by Gingrich for months.
Nice, huh?
Shelia Posted - 09/04/2012 : 07:06:16 AM
Yes, thanks Luann, I really appreciated the link too. It was a thoughtful article and one that gave a different perspective to my already-negative thoughts about this movie.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
azblueskies Posted - 09/03/2012 : 5:11:23 PM
No matter who you listen to or what you watch, you have to fact check everything and dig a little deeper in order to truly be informed.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
flicka Posted - 09/03/2012 : 10:36:22 AM
Thanks for the link, Luann.

flicka
yarnlover Posted - 09/03/2012 : 09:56:44 AM
Saw it last night and find it fascinating. It does give one a lot to think about whatever your political position. Being informed is the key to electing the right people, and since they work for us, we all need to look past the party lines to know who we are putting in charge of our country and our lives. No small chore, in my mind.

See My Stuff: Here

azblueskies Posted - 09/03/2012 : 05:13:56 AM
I won't be in the audience either.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
agnesgooch Posted - 09/03/2012 : 04:46:40 AM
Dinesh D'Souza was on RealTime with Bill Maher this past Friday night. Let's just say that Bill was not very kind to Dinesh. I won't be seeing this movie until it comes to cable.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24181181@N07/
Luann Posted - 09/02/2012 : 10:45:56 PM
My friend Sanjiv Singh just wrote a very interesting piece for Time about this:
http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/30/why-is-dinesh-dsouza-so-angry-with-obama/

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
flicka Posted - 09/02/2012 : 8:41:40 PM
I scanned the seven reviews of this movie on the Internet Movie Database. I will not be seeing this movie. Three of the reviews used the phrase "preaching to the choir", and the choir does not include me. The reviewer for the Austin Chronicle wrote:

"The ideas DíSouza puts forth are spurious and vicious, and itís hard to judge a film with such underpinnings."

Dinesh D'Souza is a radically conservative writer, for those not familiar with his writings. Sorry,this movie is not my cup of tea.

flicka

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe