Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New Member from Port Townsend, WA, USA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CJKnits1946 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 10:34:23 AM
I'm excited to be a new member! I live in Port Townsend, WA, USA. I have been knitting for 48 yrs. When my husband, a Navy Seal, went to Vietnam in 1964, I went to live with his family and his dear mother taught me how to knit. It's been my only passion ever since.

My favorite yarn is alpaca and Quivit - both so soft and lovely to knit with. Life is too short to knit with harsh yarn!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
imamshua Posted - 09/14/2012 : 07:37:50 AM
Welcome! As eldergirl said the Pacific Northwest is my soul country too, but I'm currently living in SoCal. I have so many memories of boating into Port Townsend and walking to a little yarn shop near the Port Hudson boat harbor. Twisted Ewe if I remember correctly. And staying in the Manresa Castle with my mother and the Victorian Home Tours. Taking my advanced diving certification at Fort Worden and running the Rhodedendron Run -- Wonderful memories.

Do you primarily knit sweaters, socks or a bit of everything? Perfect weather for wearing what you knit!

Sally

If you think you're too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito - Bette Reese
Grand-moogi Posted - 09/09/2012 : 07:13:29 AM
Hi, Welcome from Australia. Please keep coming back regularly and keep us posted.

I knit a hug into every stitch
eldergirl Posted - 09/06/2012 : 8:16:23 PM
Hi CJ, and welcome to the KR Forums! I'm now in Baltimore, but I grew up in Seattle , and the Pacific Northwest is my soul country!

Tell us what you are knitting now!

I'm still on socks (winter is coming!)

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
jtamsn Posted - 09/06/2012 : 5:09:12 PM
Welcome to the forums from Maine! Lots of knitting inspiration to be found here.
judy
jaymeKnits Posted - 09/06/2012 : 4:19:35 PM
Welcome to the group! I'm from Bremerton, WA originally and get homesick for the northwest frequently. I now live near the other Washington now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jayme-stahl
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 09/06/2012 : 3:10:30 PM
Welcome to the KF, CJKnits! U will soon find out that we r a fun & lively bunch! Looking forward to learning more about u here in the forums!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Rwats2 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 11:24:07 AM
CJ,
Wlecome to the group from the great state of La(Louisiana). I cannot wait to read your posts about all the projects and ideas that you have come up with during those 48 yrs. I am always wanting to hear about new ways to attempt a new project.

Rebecca + Amelia(Stinkerpaws)

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe