Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting enablers?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emmyc Posted - 09/13/2012 : 04:29:54 AM
My DH is a funny one. There are at least 3 unfinished construction projects in the house that drive me crazy, including a leaking pipe under the kitchen sink that requires a lot of monitoring and my biggest piece of tupperware. Nagging doesn't work, but he's a good person so I just bide my time. Oh, did I mention that he builds and sells luxury homes for a living?

We went to Cape Cod for three weeks in August and DH generally goes back home a couple days a week to work. I was hoping that with me and the boys gone, he would get at least one of the pending projects done.

He didn't.

But when we got home I could tell he was really excited about something, and couldn't wait for me to get upstairs to the bedroom.(don't worry, nothing risque). We have a small seating area in the room where we watch TV but I never knit there because of poor light. Well DH, all on his own, purchased and installed a 3 way wall lamp right above my usual spot, just so I could sit and knit with him. He was so excited to do this for me. I was really touched and vowed to swear silently the next time there was water all over the floor in the kitchen.

My question to you all is "What is the best thing a non-knitter has done for you to enable your knitting addiction?"

Mary Ellen

emmyc
winchester ma
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
emmyc Posted - 09/14/2012 : 03:37:25 AM
Donna, that's really funny!

Flicka, I'm jealous. Given my DH's completion track record, if he wereto make me a swift it would take at least 10 years. He takes UFOs into a whole new realm.

emmyc
winchester ma
Consuelo Posted - 09/13/2012 : 8:35:45 PM
From time to time DH has heard me talk about EZ with admiration and respect. I was organizing my knitting books one day and I casually mentioned that I'd like to have more of EZ's books. With great surprise he said "you mean you don't have all of them??". That Christmas he figured out which ones I had and which I didn't and he got them ALL for me. I was blown away!

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!
slaggyc Posted - 09/13/2012 : 3:29:44 PM
I love your stories! I don't have any exceptional ones, but I do think it's sweet that my husband will take the kids somewhere so I can have my girlfriends over for knitting evenings. :)

Slaggyc
http://buggyandbuddy.wordpress.com/
jtamsn Posted - 09/13/2012 : 2:10:05 PM
We had been married for many years, when one summer on vacation at our cabin in the mountains, my DH asked me if I would like to take a ride to visit a favorite yarn shop 2 hours away. This was a shock to me at the time, and of course, I said yes. What made it even more incredible is that he actually went into the shop and looked around! He has never since then made comment about my stash or yarn purchases.
judy
flicka Posted - 09/13/2012 : 09:29:04 AM
quote:
originally posted by donnawatk:
There a man I work with that keeps me knitting because he used the knit shops to get dates.

Oh, Donna, that just takes the cake! I love that! Has he found the knitter of his dreams yet?

Every time I use my beautiful umbrella swift, which my sweetie made for me using a photo from the Knit Picks catalog as a guide, I think how much he must love me.

flicka
Grand-moogi Posted - 09/13/2012 : 06:49:33 AM
I think when my DH read the pattern out to me over the phone would have to be the best thing a non knitter has done for me.

I knit a hug into every stitch
donnawatk Posted - 09/13/2012 : 05:17:39 AM
My sisters and co workers travel a lot. There a man I work with that keeps me knitting because he used the knit shops to get dates. The first time he went the shop must have been full of single ladies he ended up buy around of coffee and he gave me silk and a couple balls of possum. Donna
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 09/13/2012 : 05:13:40 AM
My dear sis, who passed away almost 3 years ago, would always take me to yarn & craft stores. She was definitely knit-worthy!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe