Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lynn60 Posted - 10/04/2012 : 11:45:59 AM
Hi , my name is Lynn, I live in the northern part of Michgian-on the East -side. Our home is overlooking the Thunder Bay River and while I knit, spin or card, I can sit on the porch, in the summer, and hear all that nature can offer. I learned to knit 5 years ago and started spinning about the same time. My son supplies me with Alpaca fleece(free) and I just purchased an electric carder. I love to make socks, just finishing 3 pairs of Scotch Mule Pattern socks and now I have to get back to work on a mock turtle neck sweater I started before the socks. The person that taught me to knit is no longer around . She helped me out many times and I miss her very much. I have had some problems following patterns but I think I am getting the hang of it. Before my "teacher" re-wrote the patterns so I could understand, you can see why I miss her. Wish me luck and we'll chat soon. Lynn
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:05:36 PM
Hi Lynne. Your knitting/spinning/carding porch sounds just heavenly. Sometimes I sit on the porch to card or spin, but I live in San Francisco's Mission District. Sometimes I hear the downstairs neighbors' electonica on the stereo, which drives me berk, but sometimes it's acoustic guitars from behind the trees, or Mrs. Avila next door bringing in the laundry from her squeaky line, or the Aztec dancers across the fence practicing for parades--which includes drumming! It can be interesting, but I frequently long for the peace and quiet of nature.

Free alpaca fleece! That sounds heavenly, too!
Welcome to KR!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Grand-moogi Posted - 10/07/2012 : 06:07:38 AM
Welcome Lynn from Downunder. Of course it is very difficult to read patterns here because everything is upside down!
Well sometimes I am sure they would be easier to follow if they were!
Some pattern writers are just not good communicators but here you will always find someone who can interpret. Stay tuned.

I knit a hug into every stitch
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 10/05/2012 : 9:41:25 PM
Welcome to the KF, Lynn! Where u live sounds absolutely wonderful, very peaceful.
Stick with reading patterns; you'll get the hang of it!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
slaggyc Posted - 10/05/2012 : 9:28:35 PM
Hi Lynn~ welcome from California! Where you live sounds absolutely amazing. I think you will love it here. Everyone is so helpful!

Slaggyc
http://buggyandbuddy.wordpress.com/
donnawatk Posted - 10/05/2012 : 07:23:38 AM
Hi Lynn, Welcome from Chicago. I think we all at one time have had some problems reading patterns. I have had to read the same line many times. A year ago I found a shawl pattern that was easy to read I bet I made five shawls. I wish you all the luck Donna
jtamsn Posted - 10/05/2012 : 04:57:34 AM
Welcome, from Maine!
judy
Shalee Posted - 10/04/2012 : 10:56:57 PM
Hi Lynn and welcome to KR!! We are all here to help each other, so if you have a problem just let us know and you will get loads of advice and/or ideas.

I remember when I first started knitting socks and had one heck of a time with the directions. I had to just blindly follow the instructions and it worked. Finally I got several different colors of yarn and did each section, of the sock, in a different color! That really helped me understand the construction of a sock. I then immediately sat down and wrote up a pattern explaining each step, as a teaching pattern. Now I knit lots of socks!

I still have times when some patterns, other than socks, don't make sence, so you aren't alone!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe