Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 layered ruffle scarf

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PatriciaG Posted - 10/07/2012 : 10:16:31 AM
Hi,

Haven't been here in a while. I was at a crafts fair and saw a different version of a ruffle scarf. Instead of a spiral, the ruffles hung across the row. The scarf was very narrow, probably about 6 to 10 stitches, ruffles hanging so they were layered. It was so cute, but I hated the color. I asked the lady if she had a pattern I could purchase if I bought the scarf and she got a bit testy, so I didn't get the scarf.

Does anyone understand what I'm talking about and where I could get a pattern? I have a pattern and youtube for the spiral or ruffle scarf. Not sure the difference there, but am going to make one. I liked the layered look better though.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Patricia in West Sac., CA.

"How did I get over the hill without getting up to the top"
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
weeza Posted - 11/01/2012 : 05:48:47 AM
I agree with Ikkivan--there is a ribbon yarn available, with all the new ruffle novelties. It comes in a variety of colors, many more muted than her ruffled cousins, and has a row or chained stitches on one side to pick up and knit through. The resulting scarf is about 5-inches wide and maybe 18-inches long--flat and more pleated than ruffled. I made one as a gift last year and unfortunately didn't make notes on the yarn brand. Ravelry will know!

Weeza
ikkivan Posted - 10/08/2012 : 08:25:17 AM
Patricia, I think I have seen some of the ruffle yarns that are of a ribbon type. Have you looked on Ravelry to see if you can find a pattern?

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
PatriciaG Posted - 10/07/2012 : 10:53:46 AM
I can't figure out how to edit my posts. So I am being annoying and putting in new ones. I now believe the yarn is not ruffle yarn, but ribbon yarn. It was more solid than the ruffle, if that helps anyone.

Thanks again

PatriciaG Posted - 10/07/2012 : 10:30:16 AM
I forgot to add that the scarf looks the same on both sides. So it didn't have a front or back you had to worry about.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe