Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Just joined in Western Massachusetts!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emhinchey Posted - 10/08/2012 : 4:32:05 PM
Hi there, fellow knitters! My name is Erin and I am new to the Western Mass area, I live in Sunderland. I have been knitting for approximately 10 years, but I haven't progressed passed scarves and afghans of all kinds. I am 33 and kind of an old soul. I love home crafts, baking and cooking.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any knitting clubs or knitting nights around the area I am in. Looking forward to meeting some new people on here and hopefully some new friends!

Erin

Erin Hinchey
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 10/12/2012 : 5:06:48 PM
A hearty welcome from Colorado, Erin! Glad u r with us!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
noallatin Posted - 10/10/2012 : 11:51:34 AM
Webs (Northampton) has some drop in knit times. I think one is Thursday night when they are usually open until 8 pm. Metaphor Yarns in Shelburne falls may also have drop in sessions. According to the western Ma group on Ravelry, there is also Tuesday night knitting at the Gaslight Gallery in Westfield.

I'm not sure how convenient any of these locations are for you but those are some places to try.
jtamsn Posted - 10/09/2012 : 5:03:31 PM
Welcome to the forums, Erin, from southern Maine! I know there is quite a contingent of KR members from Mass. I think you will find this is a great place to come for knitting support and inspiration.
judy
robinstephanie Posted - 10/09/2012 : 08:40:49 AM
Hi there, Erin, another welcome here, from Northern California. We're a nice online gang, but I do hope you find a gang in MA, too.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Grand-moogi Posted - 10/09/2012 : 02:45:01 AM
Hi and welcome from Australia although I am a bit far away for a face to face meeting, we can certainly chat on this forum.

I knit a hug into every stitch
EmEm Posted - 10/08/2012 : 6:58:06 PM
Hi Erin, welcome from CA. I'm sure you'll find lots of friends here. Sunderland is in an area that is rich in fiber history, so there should be lots of knitters.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe