Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Hurricane Sandy!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PBELKNAP Posted - 10/26/2012 : 06:55:40 AM
We're about to get slammed again with Hurricane Sandy up here in CT. I'm just praying we don't have a repeat of last year's storm! I don't relish the idea of being without power for 9 days again...

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ceil Posted - 11/10/2012 : 10:54:26 PM
Today, 11/10/12, my NJ friends finally got electricity back. Out for almost two weeks!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
knittingrunner Posted - 11/06/2012 : 7:54:48 PM
Power loss in W. MA - 22 hours for my brother, 1 hour for my mother.
Power loss in NJ - 8 days and counting for my sister in Westfield - maybe restored this Friday
8 days and counting for my boyfriend's mother and brother in NW NJ.
Gas lines are more controlled with the institution of the odd/even license plate system.
Construction on NJTPK is suspended so driving through is no problem. Almost all the gas stations on the NJTPK had power and fuel.
Saw convoys of electrical power company trucks headed NB on NJUTPK last Friday - 15 to 20 trucks per group, must have seen 5 sets heading N from GA and FL.
The great outdoors has provided natural refrigeration for perishable foods, but nobody needs the slick stuff forecast to arrive in the next couple of days.

Bike, Knit, (run)!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
jtamsn Posted - 11/01/2012 : 3:43:07 PM
Just found out my brother in Madison, Ct. had power restored last night.
judy
PBELKNAP Posted - 11/01/2012 : 06:34:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jtamsn

We are fine in Southern Maine, we never lost power, but many did. Some tree limbs down and erosion on the coast. My Son and family are visiting relatives in Fla, were supposed to return tomorrow, but due to airline issues in the NYC area cannot get back until Sunday. Relatives in Maryland and North-east Connecticut have power back, but I'm not sure about brother who lives in a community on Long Island Sound in CT.
judy

The southern part of CT was pretty hard hit...he may not have power, phone, or anything. Where does he live?

PAM

mertle Posted - 11/01/2012 : 04:01:48 AM
My brother & SIL in Arlington (both from SC) had their power restored last night by a power company team from SC! How cool is that?! SIL gave them ALL of her Halloween candy.

Marilyn
My Bags
jtamsn Posted - 10/31/2012 : 1:14:31 PM
We are fine in Southern Maine, we never lost power, but many did. Some tree limbs down and erosion on the coast. My Son and family are visiting relatives in Fla, were supposed to return tomorrow, but due to airline issues in the NYC area cannot get back until Sunday. Relatives in Maryland and North-east Connecticut have power back, but I'm not sure about brother who lives in a community on Long Island Sound in CT.
judy
PBELKNAP Posted - 10/31/2012 : 12:00:08 PM
We were extremely lucky in the northern part of CT. The power blinked 5 times, but didn't go out altogether. We had a few branches down, but that was it (nothing like that horrible October storm last year). Some of my friends one town over lost their power, so we've been shower central for people carrying towels and rubber duckies.

People in the southern part of the state weren't so lucky. There is A LOT of damage down that way. We also lost three lives in the state.

PAM

Lanea Posted - 10/31/2012 : 05:20:45 AM
How is everyone doing in the storm's aftermath?

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Ceil Posted - 10/29/2012 : 5:28:14 PM
Hang in there! I'm a Jersey Girl living in Colorado, and have had TWC on all day to check in occasionally. I have a LOT of friends out there. You all, too.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Shalee Posted - 10/29/2012 : 4:09:40 PM
My DS, who works in DC, called while I was gone today. He works for Mariott and left a message that he spent the night there last night and will be there again tonight. He just wanted to let me know he was OK. Such a sweetheart!

It is raining here in NW PA, with wind. The state roads are real wet. I had to travel to the doctor's office today, in another city, and it wasn't fun. At least the others on the road were also being very careful. Tonight we are supposed to get "heavy winds", but then tomorrow they will subside, supposedly. If no trees blow down we should be ok as far as power is concerned.

A gal was on the news tonight, from Rochester, NY. She said that the city has declared a state of emergency. The forecast looks like it is headed straight up through NY State towards them.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

slaggyc Posted - 10/28/2012 : 10:37:52 PM
Wish you all safety~ will be thinking of you. My parents are in New Jersey. Hoping I don't lose contact with them.

Slaggyc
http://buggyandbuddy.wordpress.com/
Rwats2 Posted - 10/28/2012 : 10:46:28 AM
To all of you up north, you all are in my prayers. I know exactly what you are going through, myself having gone through Katrina and Gustav. I am praying that all of this will be over for you soon, and everyone will be safe.
Shalee Posted - 10/27/2012 : 12:39:29 AM
I'm not looking forward to it. The map shows a large section of the state of PA getting heavy rain and winds. I'm up in the very small portion of NE PA that isn't showing heavy rains but that doesn't mean I won't get a lot of run off of water from the hill just behind my property. Then there is the wind. Lots of trees up here that are just waiting to get blown down and cut off electricity. I guess I better start making some bread so I can eat sandwiches.

Our weather report has us in the low 40's through the 3rd, rain thru the 5th and wind every day. I guess my goal of not turning on the heat until after the 1st is just a dream.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

jtamsn Posted - 10/26/2012 : 4:23:34 PM
Hope everyone in the area to be impacted by the storm remains safe. I know up here in northern New England, we are not likely to get the same impact as you folks in southern New England, New Jersey and New York, but because the storm is so large, they are forecasting quite a whallop here.
judy

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe